MAN’S best friend deserves a varied and delicious diet and you can now find a whole range of dog treats to suit even the fussiest of pups.
Packed with natural ingredients, the best dog treats can help your dog be happy, healthy and full of energy with vitamins and minerals to improve everything from vitality and strong joints to oral care.
プラス, dog treats are essential for puppy training and to ensure your puppy is getting the right nutrients to help them grow and develop.
We’ve rounded up 11 of the best healthy dog treats – from Pooch & Mutt, Lily’s Kitchen, Anco and many more.
1. Best calming dog treats: Forthglade multi-functional soft bites
- (広告) Calming multi-functional soft bites with turkey, camomile, lavender & lemon balm, from £2.15 at Forthglade – ここで購入
Made from a blend of camomile, lemon balm and lavender, these tasty treats are designed to help your dog relax.
Perfect for when your pup needs some chill time or to settle down before bed – these calming treats are semi-moist, soft, grain-free and full of totally natural ingredients.
プラス, they’re easy to digest and you can break them up if needed for puppy training.
2. Best dog treats for small dogs: Pooch and Mutt Small Complete Superfood
- Small Complete Superfood, £8.25 at Pooch and Mutt – ここで購入
Pooch & Mutt has a great selection of healthy, natural dog treats and this compete dry food chicken and superfood blend is perfect for smaller pups.
Packed with vegetables such as kale and spinach, it’s high in vitamins and antioxidants – as well as gluten free and made from all natural ingredients – to keep your dog healthy and full of beans.
3. Best natural dog treats: Anco Fusions hemp oil infused treats
- Fusions hemp oil infused treats by Anco, £6.99 at Amazon – ここで購入
These Anco beef and duck treats are made from 100% natural ingredients with no chemicals or artificial flavourings.
The hemp oil is full of vitamins and antioxidants to help nourish your dog’s skin, improve heart health and even boost brain power. It also contains compounds to relieve muscle aches and pains.
4. Best dog treats for joints and coat: Butcher’s Joints & Coat with Glucosamine
- Butcher’s Joints & Coat with Glucosamine, Made with Chicken, Naturally Meaty Treats, (6 x 80g), £10.80 at Amazon – ここで購入
Keep your pup’s coat and joints healthy with these Butchers nourishing treats for dogs.
The treats contain natural ingredients and oils to keep your pooch’s coat shiny and joints supple.
Plus you can stock up with this great value six-pack of 80g pouches.
5. Best dog treats for puppy training: Chomp & Chew Peanut Pooch Dog Biscuits
- Peanut Pooch Dog Biscuits, £5.50 at Chomp & Chew – ここで購入
Training a new puppy? You’ll need to be well-stocked with some extra tempting treats.
These Peanut Pooch dog biscuits are delicious and can be eaten by people as well as pets if you get a bit peckish during a training session.
They are hand-made in the UK and can easily be broken into smaller pieces if needed.
6. Best festive dog treats: Lily’s Kitchen Cracking Festive Christmas Treats
- Cracking Festive Christmas Treats, £18 at Lily’s Kitchen – ここで購入
Spoil your dog this Christmas with these cracking festive treats from Lily’s Kitchen.
This deliciously festive meat feast includes Turkey Jerky, Scrumptious Duck and Venison Sausages and Best Ever Beef Mini Burgers. Your pup is likely to need a long nap after tucking into this lot.
7. Best dog treats for dental health: Dentalife Daily Oral Care
- Dentalife Daily Oral Care Low Fat Small Adult Dog Treats, £3.99 at Paws – ここで購入
Dental chew treats are a great way to improve your pooch’s daily oral care – and to keep teeth clean and healthy.
These clever treats help clean the hard to reach teeth, reduce the build up of plaque and work as a breath freshener too.
Made from natural, low fat ingredients, they also contain vitamins such as calcium and vitamin D to help keep teeth strong and healthy.
8. Best puppy treats: Pedigree Tasty Minis Puppy Treats
- Pedigree Tasty Minis Puppy Treats Chicken Chewy Cubes 125g, £1.29 at Pets at Home – ここで購入
Suitable for puppies age 4-18 月, these mini puppy treats are soft, chewy and perfect for little mouths.
They’re packed with all the good stuff to help your pup grow – including vitamins and minerals for immunity and vitality – and dietary fibre to support good digestion.
9. Best healthy dog treats: Pets Purest Natural Dog Treat Chews
- 100% Natural Chicken Nibbles Treat For Dogs, £5.99 at Pets Purest – ここで購入
Healthy and hypoallergenic, これら 100% natural treats have been air-dried to preserve the nutrients and are grain, gluten & lactose-free so are ideal for any doggy diet.
They are packed with vitamins and minerals and are junk-free with no artificial preservatives – プラス, they taste great too – wins all round for you and your pooch.
10. Best low fat dog treats: Harringtons Turkey Low Fat Treats
- Harringtons Turkey Low Fat Treats, 100g, £5.56 at Amazon – ここで購入
If you’re looking for low-fat but tasty treats for your dog, these Harrington turkey treats have only 2.8 calories each.
They’re rich in protein with no artificial flavours but with 50% less fat than the rest of this range.
プラス, they’re well reviewed with one customer saying they’re good for training “She’ll jump through hoops to get a treat.”
11. Best dog treats for good digestion: Skipper’s Dog & Puppy Training Treats
- 犬 & Puppy Training Treats, £3.99 at Skipper’s – ここで購入
Looking for something to improve your dog’s tummy health? Skipper’s dog and puppy training treats promote gentle digestion.
Suitable for dogs from 10 数週間, these fishy treats are grain-free and made from 80% salmon and trout so they’re a great source of Omega 3 for your pup.
How to make dog treats
It’s easy to make your own dog treats and there are plenty of recipes available online.
例えば, for quick and easy peanut dog biscuits, mix peanut butter, flour and eggs – add water, roll out and use a cookie cutter to make biscuits. Bake for 20 minutes and you’ve got a batch of dog biscuits ready to go.
Why do dogs hide treats?
Dogs have a natural instinct to hide food and it’s believed to be a survival skill so the food can be preserved and eaten later.
Some dogs also hide treats so other pets in the house can’t find it!
Can cats eat dog treats?
It’s not recommended to feed cats dog treats as although most wouldn’t pose a problem for cats, some dog treats have trace ingredients that can be safe for dogs but toxic for cats.
How many treats should you give a dog per day?
A good rule to stick to is that only around 10% of your dog’s daily calories intake should be made up of treats.
So if your puppy is allowed 1000 calories a day only 100 calories should be provided as treats.
Where to buy dog treats
We found a good range of natural and healthy dog treats at the following online stores: