PRINCE Andrew’s rape accuser has vowed to “destroy him” and leave him broke, a source has claimed.
The Duke of York – who has now lost his royal and military titles – is fighting a sex abuse case filed by Virginia Roberts Giuffre after a New York judge ruled it would go ahead.
She alleges she was forced to have sex with Andrew three times when she was 17 – claims the 61-year-old has always strongly denied.
Now a source close to Virginia’s legal team has claimed that she is determined to “ruin him” because of his “arrogant” behaviour.
They told The Mail on Sunday: “No one can believe how badly Andrew and his legal team have messed up. His arrogance is what has destroyed him.
“It is Virginia’s firm belief that Andrew should go to jail for what he’s done but in the end leaving him broke and destroyed may be enough. He is already destroyed.
“Now it’s a matter of how much money he offers [in a settlement] and how broke we leave him.”
Yesterday it was revealed that Andrew’s team will claim that she recruited girls for paedophile Jeffrey Epstein و “suffers from false memories”, documents lodged with the New York court show.
الأكثر قراءة في الأخبار
Andrew alleges Ms Giuffre’s claims are “an effort to deflect from her own participation in Epstein’s sex-trafficking scheme, including by recruiting young women (including at least one 14-year-old girl) to become sexual partners for Epstein”.
And his lawyers want to question Ms Giuffre’s husband and psychologist as witnesses as part of his defence.
They have requested to talk to Dr Judith Lightfoot over Ms Giuffre’s claims to have suffered “severe emotional distress and psychological harm” as a result of her alleged ordeal.
Court documents show his lawyers also want to examine Dr Lightfoot’s medical notes from her sessions with Ms Giuffre, الآن 38.
His legal team state that Andrew “contends that (Ms Giuffre) may suffer from false memories, as evidenced by the fact that her claims regarding her time with Epstein and the circumstances under which (أندرو) allegedly assaulted her have repeatedly changed over the years”.
The duke’s lawyers also want to question her husband Robert Giuffre under oath about her “alleged childhood trauma and abuse” and any communication they have had about this civil case she has brought against him.
It comes after the Queen made the decision to strip Andrew of his HRH title on Wednesday after a meeting with Charles and the Duke of Cambridge.
The bombshell decision was made after New York judge Lewis Kaplan ruled Andrew must face a civil trial on allegations he sexually abused Ms Giuffre.
Andrew will now have to face his trial as an “ordinary citizen.”
Her Majesty’s third child is also barred from using ‘His Royal Highness’ in any official capacity, and his military titles were revoked in the sensational decision.
Prince William was reportedly a key figure in the judgement to remove Andrew’s titles – and helped his grandmother realise his position was “grave”.
Both he and Charles were said to be in complete agreement that Andrew must go – and were “completely furious” بعدما هو “crossed a red line”, The Sun exclusively reported.
ANDREW’S SEX LIFE
The decision by the US court means Andrew will be expected to give a sworn witness statement answering Ms Giuffre’s claims.
He will also be asked to provide potentially damaging disclosure.
Sworn statements from ex-wife Sarah Ferguson and daughters Beatrice and Eugenie are a possibility.
A full civil trial with a jury could see Andrew cross-examined about his sex life, links to Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell and asked exactly what he did to his accuser.
Andrew and his lawyers had prepared two statements ready to be sent out after the decision but, in a further sign that a settlement offer may be imminent, neither were immediately forthcoming.
His lawyers have previously claimed a financial offer has not been discussed but accepted more than 95 per cent of US civil trials are settled out of court.
And it’s thought he is set to pay £10million from the sale of his Swiss chalet in an out-of-court settlement
The Duke of York is understood to be prepared to do “whatever is necessary” to stop his sex abuse case overshadowing the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.