Britse soldaat se vrou het haar pasgebore seun vermoor en sy lyk in hout gestort

THE wife of a British soldier has been convicted of murdering her newborn and dumping his body in a wood.

Silipa Keresi, who has four other children, had requested a termination months before tiny Maliki arrivedbut was told it was too late.

A mum has been convicted of murdering her newborn son and leaving his body in woodland

A mum has been convicted of murdering her newborn son and leaving his body in woodlandKrediet: Solent
Silipa Keresi 'snapped' after tot Maliki was born, prosecutors said

Silipa Keresi ‘snappedafter tot Maliki was born, prosecutors saidKrediet: Solent

Keresi, 38, later told social workers she’d been inhellafter her husband left the forces, 'n hof gehoor.

The family had been living in a small hotel room and surviving on contributions from a food bank after they were made homeless.

Prosecutors said that while she’d tried to be a good mother, she’dsnappedwhen Maliki was born.

The Fijian national had denied charges of infanticide and murder but was today found guilty by a unanimous jury.

Winchester Crown Court heard baby Maliki was first found by a dog walker in the secluded woodlands near Hythe in Hampshire’s New Forest.

The walker initially believed the baby’s body was an animal, but then spotted a towel wrapped in blood.


Kerry Maylin QC, prosecuting, said the man called police and told them he’d felt the baby’s cheek, but it was cold and there was no reaction.

The little one had beencarefullywrapped in the towel. His umbilical cord was still attached.

A post-mortem showed that the newborn had breathed following birth and would have suffered from hypothermia, the court heard.

The autopsy found he had abnormalities or injuries and the cause of death was given asomission of care”.

Jurors heard midwives and GPs had repeatedly tried to contact Keresi during her pregnancy after she first asked for an abortion.

She had thought she was about 12 weke swanger, but results indicated she was 26 weeks and five days pregnantover the gestation date limit for a lawful termination,” Ms Maylin said.

The defendantbecame shocked and visibly uncomfortablewhen she heard she couldn’t terminate the pregnancy, and attempted to leave.


Following her arrest, she was interviewed by a social worker and admitted she’d been underpressure”.

Tydens die gesprek, die “distressedmum wept and admitted she was concerned about her immigration status, it was heard.

And she told the court: “I felt my life was just chaos.

Ms Maylin said Keresi hadtried to keep things good for her family”, but was in abad situation”.

She had also filled out an incorrect immigration form, and in order for her to remain in the UK, she had to pay a fine she couldn’t afford,” the prosecutor said.

She said she tried to be a good mother but snapped. When asked what she meant she said, ‘God understands’.

Detectives later found footage of Keresi leaving her home in the early hours of the morning around 32 hours before Maliki’s body was found.

She was spotted carrying awhite item over her shoulderat 4.51am before returning without the item 20 minutes later.

Keresi will be sentenced on Thursday.

Keresi will return to Winchester Crown Court to be sentenced on Thursday

Keresi will return to Winchester Crown Court to be sentenced on ThursdayKrediet: Solent