THE SOARING popularity of return pallets has seen daring shoppers take a lucky dip with high returns.
But what happens if you don’t strike gold, can buyers return a return pallet?
Can I return a return pallet?
Each box or pack comes with its own specific policy when it is listed by the seller.
Many of the listings however do not allow returns, and the pallets must be kept as is or resold by the buyer.
Although each listing clearly states the return policy, buyers should read the terms and conditions of a sale before making a purchase in the details of a sale.
Often in the items’ listing, it will state specifically the pallet cannot be returned.
Some listings allow pallets to be returned on the condition the buyer pays for the return postage.
Most read in The Sun
In these cases, the cancelation of the purchase must be lodged within 30 days of receiving the item and a refund will be processed.
All sales are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee if you receive an item that is not as described in the listing.
What are rules on return pallets?
Taking a punt at winning big on a mystery pallet can come with reward but there’s also risk.
Many of the listings will have their own instructions, return policy and important information.
It is advised that a buyer knows all of the risks before making a purchase as there is a high possibility if they are unhappy they will have to resell the product themselves.
Some of the rules can include:
- Pick-up must be done in person
- Items are unchecked and seller refuses responsibility for broken goods
- Some parts may be damaged
- Items are sold as seen
- Returns will not be accepted
- Buying the item automatically means the buyer accepts the terms and conditions
- You must take the wooden pallet
- Items have not been tested
- Reasons for return and therefore condition of goods can vary greatly
- Items will need checking and repair before re-sale
For more pallet stories: This couple paid £18 for a return pallet and came away with £10k worth of goods.
Plus this woman hit the jackpot with her John Lewis returns pallet.