JET2 is expanding its Iceland Northern Lights programme for winter 2023-24.
The holiday company will offer 135 flights and more than 25,000 seats.
The Northern Lights are on many travellers’ bucket lists, and holidays with Jet2 include Northern Light tours as part of the package.
The Northern Lights – also known as Aurora Borealis – are the result of electrically charged particles from the sun, smashing into gaseous particles in our planet’s atmosphere.
Colour variations occur when different types of gas particles collide with charged particles – the most common colour of the aurora is green, which is created when oxygen molecules about 60 miles above the ground react with the particles.
A new route from Newcastle airport will also be introduced.
Jet2 will serve Keflavík airport near Reykjavik, and you’ll also have the option to book a package holiday with a range of 3 and 4-star hotels.
- Check out the best Iceland deals in 2023/24 here
One of the biggest bargains we’ve found in 2023 is at the Fosshotel Lind in Reykjavik, departing November 20, 2023, from Birmingham, costing from £472pp.
Most read in News Travel
The deal works out at £143pp a night for three nights.
If you’d rather go away to Iceland this year, we’ve also found three-night stays at the Cabin Hotel in Reykjavik, departing October 31 from Newcastle, available from £376pp.
- Here are the best Iceland deals for 2022/23
We’ve also rounded up the best city breaks to Iceland and to see the Northern Lights this year.
All Holidays include a 22kg baggage allowance and resort transfers.
Here are the best deals for 2022:
- 3 nights at Hotel Fron, Reykjavik, departing October 10 from Glasgow – from £365pp
- 3 nights at Grand Hotel Reykjavik, departing October 31 from Newcastle – from £374pp
- 3 nights at Skuggi Hotel by Keahotels, Reykjavik, departing November 14 from Birmingham – from £458pp
- 4 nights at Fosshotel Baron, Reykjavik, departing November 17 from East Midlands – from £499pp
You could also see Europe’s best Christmas markets from £39.50pp a night.
We revealed the UK Christmas market dates for this year, plus cheap hotels from £15.50pp a night.
Jet2 is also launching new routes to Brits’ favourite city breaks – on sale from £64pppn.