FOUR adults and three children died in a suspected gas poisoning accident as they slept, reports say.
Cops responded to a home in Moorhead, Minnesota at around 8pm on Saturday after relatives conducting a welfare check found their lifeless bodies.
Police haven’t formally revealed the identities of the victims, but local media outlet Digital-Honduras reported that Belin Humberto Hernandez, Elder Noah Hernandez, Breylin Favela Hernandez, Mike Bradley Hernandez, Earliest Mariela, Marleny Door, and Marbeli Hernandez died in the tragedy.
Their causes of death haven’t been revealed and their bodies have been taken to the Ramsey County Medical Examiner’s Office for autopsies.
Cops said there were no signs of violence or forced entry at the home and police are not actively seeking any suspects.
A neighbor, who didn’t want to be identified, told La Prensa: “It was pretty chaotic last night with all the lights and people.”
Moorhead Mayor Shelly Carlson told KVRR: “This is an absolute horrible tragedy, made even more poignant since it is close to the holidays. My heart aches for the family and friends who received this devastating news over the weekend.
“Our community mourns with them during this heartbreaking time.
Most read in The Sun
“Please know there is no threat to the community and the Moorhead Police Department, with the assistance from the Moorhead Fire Department, are investigating.”
The Moorhead Area School District is preparing assistance to help support students following the tragedy.
A GoFundMe page has been created to help the family with funeral expenses.
This is a developing story…
The Sun is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.