A TEENAGER died last week and three others were hurt after being found unresponsive in their home.
Police have since confirmed that carbon monoxide was detected in the house.
The Marengo, アイオワ police department said the 13-year–the old girl was found unresponsive last Monday at around 6:40 午前.
Authorities attempted to revive her, but she was taken to the hospital and later pronounced dead.
An autopsy is planned to determine her cause of death KWWL レポート.
Police Chief, Ben Gray, 言った local CBS affiliate, that there was a gas leak of some kind.
Read More News
There was not a natural gas leak in the home itself.
Gray said three other people went to the hospital to be treated.
They had mild symptoms due to the leak.
An investigation of the matter is still ongoing.
No foul play is suspected.
The rural Iowa town where the tragedy occurred is about 30 miles outside of Ceder Rapids.
による Centers for Disease Control, 少なくとも 430 people die in the U.S. from accidental CO poisoning each year.
Fifty thousand visit emergency rooms for treatment after being accidentally poisoned by CO.
Symptoms of poisoning include a headache, 女性は、Covid-19の封鎖中に8週間、彼女から3フィート離れた隣人の死体からの煙を吸い込んで病気になりました。, 弱さ, 吐き気, 嘔吐, 胸痛, and confusion, CDCによれば.
If you suspect CO poisoning, コール 911 or a health care professional immediately.
For those who have been sleeping or drinking alcohol, the poisoning can be fatal before even detecting symptoms.
The agency recommends people take the following steps to prevent CO exposure:
- Get a CO detector and change its batteries every six months.
- Service your heating system, water heater, and other gas oil, or coal appliances each year.
- Ensure your vents and flues don’t have any debris.
- Only run a generator, pressure washer, or any gas-powered engine for more than 20 feet from an open window or door, or ever in a basement, [object Window], or other enclosed structure, even if the doors or windows are open.
- Do not run a charcoal grill, hibachi, lantern, or portable camping stove inside.