HARRY and Meghan told the Queen they never wanted to be on the Buckingham Palace balcony at her Platinum Jubilee, a pal claims.
Nervous courtiers and aides have yet to finalise which events they will attend.
The Queen, 96, controversially ordered that only working royals could appear on the balcony on June 2 — ruling out Harry and Meghan.
But the pair’s biographer and pal Omid Scobie, author of Finding Freedom, denied they were “cut” from the balcony line-up and Trooping the Colour, which marks the monarch’s birthday.
Writing for Yahoo news, Scobie said Harry had “spoken with his grandmother about the possibility of not attending Trooping the Colour long before last week’s announcements”.
The Sussexes thought it “inappropriate” to appear at the “balcony moment” as they were no longer working royals, he added.
But they were “keen” to be part of the Jubilee and to attend the service on June 3.