A HYPNOTHERAPIST “commanded” his patient to strip off her clothes and pretend to rub sun cream over herself before trying to “put her under” again and erase her memory.
Ian Roper took advantage of his patient when he put her in a “safe place”, removed her bra and ordered her to rub imaginary sun cream all over her body.
The 58-year-old was also later found with five indecent images of children and one prohibited image of a child on his laptop.
He appeared at Bradford Crown Court on Friday September 30, where prosecutor David McGonigal told the court: “He said the only thing that mattered was his voice, and she had to listen to his command.
“He told her she was lying on a sun bed getting hotter and needed to rub imaginary sun cream on herself.”
The court heard when the victim, LA fille adolescente d'une star de la BBC a été expulsée de l'internat pour des allégations de drogue, woke up from her hypnosis session, the defendant tried to “put her under” again and told her he would erase her memory.
Mr McGonigal said: “She managed to come round and pushed the defendant away.
“She wanted to get away as soon as possible.”
Defence counsel Ian Brook said: “He’s no intention at all to continue hypnotherapy with ladies or gentlemen.”
Mr Brook also told the court his client was a qualified hypnotherapist and had tried to set up his own practice, although it was unsuccessful.
Les plus lus dans les actualités
The court heard Roper, of Calderdale, York Ouest., had originally denied to officers that he had sexual relationships with any patients.
toutefois, after indecent images were found on his laptop, the defendant did plead guilty at his trial and admitted to both causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent and possession of the indecent images.
Recorder David Gordon said: “It is clear from her victim impact statement that she has suffered no serious physical injury, but she has suffered severe psychological harm.”
Roper was condamné à 29 mois de prison, 25 months for the sexual offence and four months for the indecent images of children.
en plus, he was put on the Sex Offender’s Register for 10 years and will be subject to a restraining order to prevent him contacting the victim.
Recorder Gordon also made him subject to a 10 year Sexual Harm Prevention Order that will prevent him from working as a hypnotherapist.
COMMENT OBTENIR DE L'AIDE
Women’s Aid propose ces conseils aux victimes et à leurs familles
- Gardez toujours votre téléphone à proximité.
- Contactez des organismes de bienfaisance pour obtenir de l'aide, incluant le Aide aux femmes live chat helpline and services such as SupportLine.
- Si vous êtes en danger, appel 999.
- Familiarisez-vous avec la solution silencieuse, signaler un abus sans parler au téléphone, composez plutôt le «55».
- Gardez toujours de l'argent sur vous, y compris le changement pour un billet de téléphone public ou de bus.
- Si vous pensez que votre partenaire est sur le point de vous attaquer, essayez d'aller dans une zone à faible risque de la maison - par exemple, où il y a une sortie et un accès à un téléphone.
- Évitez la cuisine et le garage, où il y a probablement des couteaux ou d'autres armes. Évitez les pièces où vous pourriez être piégé, comme la salle de bain, ou où vous pourriez être enfermé dans une armoire ou un autre petit espace.
If you are in need of information and support, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The charity’s email support service is open weekdays and weekends during the crisis – email@example.com.