A HORRIFIED mum was forced to chuck £20 worth of shopping away after discovering a dead lizard in her Aldi bag.
La donna, chi non è stato nominato, said her husband was unpacking the brand new reusable bag when they spotted the reptile.
She said her children were left “urlando” for an hour and in tears as they had never seen a lizard in the UK before.
The mum also claimed she threw her £20 shopping in the bin after fearing it had been contaminated and had to bleach her entire kitchen.
Lei disse BirminghamLive: “I picked up a few bits and bobs around £30 worth of shopping. And I got one of those reusable bags and because I was running late to pick the kids up from school I quickly put the shopping in the bag.
“I saw something in it but I thought it was a piece of cardboard or something and didn’t really pay too much attention to it.
Read more on Aldi
“I went home and didn’t get out of the car, my son got the shopping out of the boot for me as I had to go straight off.
“I went to pick my brother up from work and my husband called me to ask me where I got the shopping from. I told him it was Aldi and then he asked where I got the bag from as we have a few at home.
“I said that I bought it there and asked him why he wanted to know? He then sent me pictures of what he found and I thought oh my God. I asked where the shopping was and he’d put it away so I told him to bin it all.”
The woman said she complained to Aldi and was offered a £3.59 voucher, which she branded “insulting”.
I più letti su The Sun
She has since been offered a £100 voucher but has vowed not to shop at her local store again.
The mum added: “I didn’t make a complaint for the money but wanted to make them aware that wherever they’re making the bags from this thing has come with it.
“They need to be more careful with things like that. It was breaking up in the bag so could have touched any of my food.”
An Aldi spokesperson said: “Our supplier has robust processes in place meaning incidents like this are extremely rare.
“We have apologised for any inconvenience caused as our usual high standards were not met on this occasion.”