I’M A Celebrity’s crew and other tradies have been working around the clock to get the set ready for the show to be back on air tomorrow night.
The Welsh set was bustling with tradespeople as they frantically rebuilt the set after it was ravaged by Storm Arwen last week.
The popular reality series was forced off air after the storm caused a 48-hour blackout and extensive damage to the set.
Tradies were spotted in cherry pickers heading up to the damaged roof of the production village.
While tall cranes and tractors were brought in to help clear out rubble caused by the storm.
The extensive damage to the production village prompted fears this year’s I’m A Celeb would be cancelled.
But The Sun revealed yesterday the show will be making a comeback on Tuesday, meaning the crew and tradespeople have had to work around the clock to get the site up and running again.
Most read in TV
t, and the public vote for who’ll take it on will open in tonight’s show, with Ant and Dec presenting live from the castle.
“Production worked round the clock to get the site back up and running after Storm Arwen caused substantial damage over the weekend,” a source says.
Instead of I’m A Celebrity, Freddie and Jamie’s DNA Journey aired on Sunday night.
Despite not getting several episodes to air, I’m A Celeb will not be having an extended season to make up for the missing episodes.
ITV confirmed it will not be making up the episodes that they were forced to axe due to Storm Arwen.
Reps for the show have now said that the series will still end on the same date as originally planned, and they won’t be making up for lost time.
The campmates will return to the castle once the show’s entire production is safely re-established, with the quarantine conditions for the celebs the same as they were before they joined the show.
If they come into contact with anybody outside of I’m A Celeb’s secure Covid bubble, they won’t be allowed to return to camp – with Richard Madeley forced out of the show after just four days due to a hospital dash.
It was previously reported that the show’s production area “looks like a bomb has hit it”, with “terrified” crew almost blown off their feet.
Pictures show marquees ripped to shreds, and roofs and canopies ripped from structures after gales ravaged the location.
While ITV bosses were sure to take extra precautions to keep their celebrity campmates safe, the surrounding area was devastated by the weather.
And this afternoon, bosses confirmed that they are not able to get this weekend’s episodes to air as planned.
A statement read: “Owing to technical difficulties caused by extreme weather conditions in the area, there will be no new episodes of I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! this weekend (Saturday and Sunday).
“I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! will be replaced tonight and tomorrow night in the ITV schedules by compilation shows (voiced by Ant & Dec) featuring best moments from previous series.”
The current series has only been on air for less than a week but has already suffered devastating dramas.
The latest chaos comes after a difficult couple of days that saw Richard’s medical scare get him removed from the castle for good.