CLEANING your home is a requirement if you want to feel relaxed and clear headed.
But even the best of us sometimes forget about certain spots that become filled with grime and dust.
TikTok’s cleaning expert @Carolina.McCauley revealed three areas that often get ignored during our cleans—and she explained why it’s important that they be addressed.
The first thing she tackled was the inside of her sink drain.
Carolina unhooked the drain cover and pulled it off, revealing a soot-covered interior.
“This can get very nasty if left unattended," ella dijo.
The cleaning guru applied dishwasher powder and dish soap all over the surface.
She used a scrub bush to rub it all in and then rinsed it down with water. It was shining in seconds.
Más leído en fabuloso
Meg & El barco de Harry ha zarpado’ para el regreso real después de perderse el evento con Kate
próximo, Carolina looked to the range hood filters above the stovetop.
“Deep clean every fortnight to remove gunk and grime," ella dijo, meaning every two weeks.
She placed the filters in a water-filled sink and threw a couple dishwasher detergent tabs inside.
After letting them sit for a few minutes, she dried them off.
Her final piece of advice was to care for your washing machine filter.
She removed the dirty-water-filled tube inside and emptied it out before cleaning off the dust on the filter itself.
“Do this at least once every month,” she advised.
Viewers loved the tips and were ready to tackle these areas themselves:
“That washer tip is genius thank you,” one wrote.
“Ughhhh…the water that comes from the washer always surprises me because it smells so bad,"Agregó otro.
Un tercio, sin embargo, said what many of us lazier homeowners were thinking: “Thank you for this information. I will absolutely not be doing any of this.”
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you when you clean your home next:
- Cómo clean your shower to ensure it’s always sparkling
- What to do to get rid of nasty odors in your home
- Here’s how to get your home smelling like fresh laundry
- You’re cleaning your pots and pans all wrong – here’s a trick to remove the residue
- These are five hacks to ensure your kitchen is spotless
- What you need to know when cleaning your bathroom
- This trick will ensure your washing machine is clean and smells great
- This cheap, easy trick will remove your mold from grout without scrubbing
- These simple items will make your carpet clean and look brand new
- This ‘lazy’ hack will ensure your oven is clean for pennies