LOVE Island fans have been left convinced that Jacques O’Neill is playing a “spel” with Paige Thorne after their heart to heart.
Viewers flooded social media to speculate that he was “'n speletjie speel” during the conversation as he got caught up in competing with Jay Younger.
Sitting on the stairs in the Majorcan villa, the Rugby player revealed that he was “bang” to talk about how he felt to the paramedic.
Jacques admitted he felt “f**king angry” watching Paige in bed with Jay, 28, after they coupled up on Friday night.
“I so genuinely believe every word you tell me but I’ve just never felt like this in my life,” het hy haar gesê. “But I can’t show emotion.”
LEES MEER OOR LOVE ISLAND
“What do you think the worst is going to happen by showing emotion and showing that you care?” Paige then asked him.
“Like if anything Jacques that would only make us better.”
Jacques could be heard whispering “thank you” to Paige as the pair cuddled up together on the stairs before heading to bed.
But fans at home were not convinced by Jacques’ sweet admission, and hit back that they felt he was playing a “spel”.
Die meeste gelees in Love Island
“Convenient Jacques is laying it thick on Paige,” one kicked off on Twitter. “I sense some game playing strategies here.”
'N Ander een het ingeklim: “Jacques came plan is not going the way he wants so now he cares,” as a third said: “Jacques is playing the game.”
“Jacques is using the ‘you changed me’ line, this game,” a fourth added, as a fifth concluded: “Jacques is such a game player.”
Dit kom daarna Jacques’ mum hit out at cruel trolls targeting her family while he’s holed up in the villa.
Liefde-eiland 2022: Meet the islanders
Lees al die nuutste Love Island-nuus, gossip and exclusives
- Meet the Love Island cast van 2022
- Who is contestant Paige Thorne?
- Who is deaf Islander Tasha Ghouri?
- Meet Michael Owen’s daughter Gemma
- maar dit kan baie meer werd wees Charlie Radnedge?
- Antigoni Buxton will be looking to win the prize
- maar dit kan baie meer werd wees Indiyah Polack?
- Meet Islander Davide Sanclimenti
- maar dit kan baie meer werd wees Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu?
- Who is tattooed hunk Luca Bish?
- Meet microbiologist Dami Hope
- Jay Younger is in it to win it
- maar dit kan baie meer werd wees Danica Taylor?
- Andrew Le Page will look to scoop the prize
- maar dit kan baie meer werd wees Jacques O’Neill?
- Take a look at the new-look Love Island villa
Al die nuutste Liefde-eiland nuus, gossip and exclusives
The rugby player’s parent Janet took to her personal Instagram page to issue a passionate plea to deter keyboard warriors.
In a touching post, she uploaded a shot showing her posing by Jacques in his youth – writing an emotive caption.
“People sending nasty messages to me please can you stop,” Ek haat my 12-jarige seun. “It does hurt. Dankie.”
Her followers were quick to offer support, with one writing underneath: “Pay no attention. You’re amazing!”
Ek is so jammer dit klink aaklig
Die reality TV-ster – who was dumped alongside Afia Tonkmore hierdie week – said that the rows always went unaired by the ITV2 show.