LOVE Island fans have hit out that they think they know the real reason Luca Bish is “clinging onto” Gemma Owen.
Fans of the ITV2 dating show flooded Twitter on Monday night to speculate that Luca, 23, was just keen to meet Gemma’s dad Michael.
Isla del amor viewers watched on as the fish salesman kept well away from the new bombshells as Casa Amor turned up the heat.
Luca told Gema, 19, he was keen to stay faithful to her during the week-long relationship test and not have his head turned.
He was spotted sleeping outside on the day bed away from the new girls, which many felt was a sweet gesture proving his dedication.
But others speculated that there is a hidden motivation behind Luca sticking with the pro horse-rider – and it has to do with her famous dad, former footballer miguel owen.
READ MORE ON LOVE ISLAND
Taking to Twitter, one fan kicked off the debate by suggesting Luca was just keen to meet the ex Liverpool and Man City striker.
“Okay but can we applaud this man for his dedication to meeting Michael Owen,” they wrote alongside a picture of Luca.
Un segundo agregado: “Of course he’s going to fake it ’til the show is over.”
“Luca is getting ready to meet his idol,” un tercero dijo, as a fourth agreed: “Desperate for that signed t-shirt.”
Lo más leído en Love Island
Early on in the show, Luca was seen quizzing Gemma on her dad as they sat getting to know each other for the first time.
She replied that she had no doubt he would “get on well” with her father, who she said also liked sports – but didn’t name him.
One viewer wrote at the time, in reference to the Owen family home: “Luca obviously knows who Gemma’s dad is. He’s trying to hang up his fish boots and chill in the mansion.”
Fans felt that him working out Gemma’s dad was Michael Owen was the reason behind his “intense” chasing of the star.
Isla del amor 2022: Meet the islanders
Lea las últimas noticias de Love Island, gossip and exclusives
- Meet the Love Island cast de 2022
- Who is contestant Paige Thorne?
- Who is deaf Islander Tasha Ghouri?
- Meet Michael Owen’s daughter Gema
- Hayley Tamaddon de Emmerdale se separa de su prometido Adrian y ahora es madre soltera Charlie Radnedge?
- Antigoni Buxton will be looking to win the prize
- Hayley Tamaddon de Emmerdale se separa de su prometido Adrian y ahora es madre soltera Indiyah Polack?
- Meet Islander Davide Sanclimenti
- Hayley Tamaddon de Emmerdale se separa de su prometido Adrian y ahora es madre soltera Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu?
- Who is tattooed hunk Luca Bish?
- Meet microbiologist Dami Hope
- Jay Younger is in it to win it
- Hayley Tamaddon de Emmerdale se separa de su prometido Adrian y ahora es madre soltera Danica Taylor?
- Andrew Le Page will look to scoop the prize
- Hayley Tamaddon de Emmerdale se separa de su prometido Adrian y ahora es madre soltera Jacques O’Neill?
- Take a look at the new-look Villa Love Island
Todo lo ultimo Isla del amor noticias, gossip and exclusives
“Makes you question how and why Luca got so intense,” one said on Twitter after it was revealed Luca DID know the truth.
“His obsession and interest in her happened AFTER the boys found out who her dad was on day 3,” Britney sorprende a los fanáticos cuando la cantante se desnuda completamente en nuevas fotos.
A principios de esta semana, Michael Owen admitted he wanted to have a “face to face” chat with Gemma’s love interest Luca.
Miguel, 42, is apparently hopeful Luca is the real deal for his daughter, and hopes that he stays faithful during Casa Amor.
Una fuente dijo Correo en línea: “He’s seen a few of the episodes and from what he’s witnessed he thinks Luca and the other guys on the Island seem like pretty decent fellas.
Leer más sobre El Sol
“But if Luca ends up officially going out with Gemma he will definitely want to meet him and make up his own mind on the guy. Any father would.”
La información privilegiada agregó: “He’s proud of how well Gemma is doing and knows how level headed she is and that she won’t do anything she’s not comfortable with.”