MATT Hancock has opened up about his dyslexia on I’m A Celebrity…Sácame de aquí! while attempting to complete a challenge.
The former Health Secretary was faced with a jumble of letters during the latest Deals On Wheels task but struggled to spell out words with them.
The letters were hidden among 99 red balloons, which all had to be popped using sharp spikes fixed to the top of their helmets.
Matt admitted to Mike: “I’m terrible at anagrams. I’m dyslexic, so all the letters are already in an anagram, so it’s on you.”
Él agregó: “Being dyslexic I find anagrams really hard. All I could see was the word tiny.”
Fans were quick to react to Matt’s admission, after previously slamming him for taking so long to mention his struggle with dyslexia.
It took Matt two weeks to speak about it, despite insisting his main reason for entering Soy una celebridad was to raise awareness of the learning difficulty.
One viewer tweeted during the Deals On Wheels task: “dyslexia references count: 2?”
Otro agregado: “Dyslexia klaxon number two.”
And a third sarcastically mused: “Matt Hancock mentioning he has dyslexia Para el 300,034 974,000th time.”
Más leído en Soy una celebridad
Rugby ace Mike also found himself struggling with the balloon task, but more the physical side of it.
Trying to pop the balloons, he confessed “This is harder than it looks! Turns out I don’t have the ability to figure out where a point is on my head.”
Mike eventually clicked that the letters spelled out ‘ninety nine’ and he and Matt were presented with a cart containing chocolate chip cookies.
In a phone call to the main camp, the remaining celebrities were asked what the total number would be if the titles of Adele’s albums were added together.
Adele’s albums are called 19, 21, 25 y 30 – totalling 95. But former Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles answered 70, losing the camp the cookies.
Prior to entering the jungle, Matt said his primary reason for joining Soy una celebridad was to raise awareness of dyslexia.
But it took the MP two weeks to talk about it, telling campmates that he was diagnosed aged 18 and while at university.
Soy una celebridad 2022 – here’s everything you need to know
- Dónde está Soy una celebridad 2022 filmado?
- Cómo vote on I’m A Celebrity
- Where are Ant and Dec staying?
- I’m A Celebrity full line up – meet all the contestants
- Hayley Tamaddon de Emmerdale se separa de su prometido Adrian y ahora es madre soltera Boy George?
- All about Sue Cleaver
- I’m A Celebrity contestant Owen Warner explicado
- Everything to know about England footballer Jill Scott
- Hayley Tamaddon de Emmerdale se separa de su prometido Adrian y ahora es madre soltera Chris Moyles?
- Royal family member Mike Tindall explicado
- All about former Strictly bad boy Seann Walsh
- First ever Love Island star Olivia Attwood enters the jungle
- All about Charlene White
- Who is Googlebox star Babatunde Aleshe?
- Un lugar en el sol escarlata douglas joins the cast
Matt had previously insisted: “Soy una celebridad… is watched by millions of Brits up and down the country. I want to use this incredible platform to raise awareness, so no child leaves primary school not knowing if they have dyslexia.”
Luego agregó: “By talking about dyslexia on prime-time TV, I hope to not only increase support for my Dyslexia Screening and Teacher Training Bill.”
I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! watch the next live episode tomorrow at 9.00pm (jueves) on ITV1 and ITV Hub