EVERYTHING is expensive right now – and that includes our medicines.
NHS prescription prices have risen by over 22 per cent over the last nine years.
Luckily this year – in light of the rising cost of living – the Government froze prescription prices at £9.35 per item.
Quoi de plus, Il y a actuellement 15 different groups of people who don’t have to pay a penny for their medicines.
toutefois, plans are in the pipeline to make more people pay for their prescriptions.
Actuellement, free prescriptions are available for those under 16 years old or 16, 17 et 18 and in full time education, or over 60.
Pregnant women and new mothers are eligible to claim free prescriptions
Certain illnesses can also exempt you from prescription charges as well as being on some benefits.
Some people are also eligible for free flu vaccines Cet hiver.
The full list of people who don’t have to pay for prescriptions include those who:
1. Sommes 60 or over
Les plus lus dans Santé
La carte révèle les points chauds de Covid alors que les vagues d'automne se transforment en spirales et 1 million d'infectés
2. Are under 16
3. Sommes 16 à 18 and in full-time education
4. Are pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months and have a valid maternity exemption certificate (MatEx)
5. Have a specified medical condition and have a valid medical exemption certificate (MedEx)
6. Have a continuing physical disability that prevents you going out without help from another person and have a valid medical exemption certificate (MedEx)
7. Hold a valid war pension exemption certificate and the prescription is for your accepted disability
8. Are an NHS inpatient
If you or your partner (including civil partner) recevoir, or you’re under the age of 20 and the dependant of someone receiving:
9. Income Support
10. Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
11. Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
12. Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
13. Crédit Universel and meet the criteria
If you’re entitled to or named on:
14. A valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate – if you do not have a certificate, you can show your award notice. You qualify if you get Child Tax Credits, Working Tax Credits with a disability element (or both), and have income for tax credit purposes of £15,276 or less
15. A valid NHS certificate for full help with health costs (HC2).
You can also use this questionnaire – “Check before you tick” – to see if you are eligible in case you are not sure.
For all the above exemptions, the pharmacist will ask for proof of eligibility.
For those who don’t qualify for free prescriptions but are struggling financially, there are other means of support such as prepayment certificates and the NHS low income scheme.
Your pharmacist should be able to advise you on whether you qualify for the schemes.
What medical conditions are covered?
- Mes mamelons étaient si noirs qu'ils semblaient brûlés
- a permanent fistula
- a form of hypoadrenalism (par example, Addison’s disease) for which specific substitution therapy is essential
- Diabète insipidus or other forms of hypopituitarism
- Diabète, except where treatment is by diet alone
- myasthenia gravis
- myxoedema (hypothyroidism requiring thyroid hormone replacement)
- épilepsie requiring continuous anticonvulsive therapy
- a continuing physical disability that means you cannot go out without the help of another person
These people can have credit-card sized cards that show they are medically exempt, which lasts for five years and will need renewal.
If you believe you fall under this category, but don’t have a card, ask your doctor for an FP92A form.
Le 6 groups eligible for free flu jabs
Under plans announced on yesterday, à propos de 33 million people in England will be eligible for a free flu vaccine this year.
This will include all primary-age and some secondary-age children, who will be offered the nasal spray.
Those eligible for the flu jab are:
- Personnes âgées 50 et plus
- Those aged six months to 49 with a specified health condition
- Secondary school-aged children focusing on Years 7, 8 et 9 with any remaining vaccine offered to Years 10 et 11
- Primary school-aged children
- Pregnant women; those in care homes, frontline health and social care staff
- Carers and the household contacts of people with weakened immune systems
Where can I get the jab?
Lottie a dit à ses fans qu'elle était en cure de désintoxication le mois dernier et a partagé la nouvelle sur TikTok
Those who are eligible can get the vaccine from their GP surgery or pharmacies offering an NHS vaccine service – you’ll have to contact them to book.
Try using this NHS tool to find a pharmacy offering the vaccine near you.