APPLE has pushed out a brand new update for millions of iPhones – so it’s time to install it.
The update features a few bug fixes, but also includes important security updates.
That means it’s essential that you update your iPhone to iOS 16.1.2 as soon as possible.
It’s possible that this update reduces the number of false positives, after reports emerged of rollercoasters triggering the emergency response.
But getting the latest security fixes for all iOS 16-friendly models is extremely important.
Apple added: “Keeping your software up to date is one of the most important things you can do to maintain your Apple product’s security.”
The update is available for free right now, and it’s extremely important that you install it as soon as possible.
The bad news is that not all users can get iOS 16.1.2.
Die meeste gelees in Tech
If you can upgrade to iOS 16 then you’re fine, but anyone with a very old iPhone model will miss out.
Here’s a list of all the iOS 16 (and iOS 16.1.1) supported devices:
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone Xs
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd generation or later)
Not being able to get the latest iOS means you’ll lose access to the most up-to-date security fixes.
These are vital patches that close holes used by hackers to access your systems.
So using a very old iPhone that can’t be updated could put you at risk.
If you can’t update to iOS 16, consider upgrading your iPhone sooner rather than later.
Before you update
Before any major iPhone update, you should make sure to back up your phone.
That’s because things can easily go wrong during an update, and you’ll want to avoid losing your precious data – like photos or videos.
Om dit te doen, simply head into the iCloud settings on your iPhone and turn on the ‘iCloud Backup’ kenmerk.
Alternatiewelik, plug your phone into iTunes and choose the ‘Backup Now’ opsie.
How to update iPhone wirelessly
The easiest way to update your iPhone is wirelessly – just follow these simple steps:
- Plug your iPhone into a power socket, and connect to a Wi-Fi network
- Tap Settings > Algemeen > Software Update
- Tap ‘Download and Install’
- Tap ‘ Download and Install’ to update immediately, or plug you phone in overnight to update automatically while you’re asleep.
- You may have to enter your passcode
If you don’t have enough space for the update on your phone, Apple may ask you if it can temporarily remove some apps from your phone.
But don’t worry: Apple will reinstall any deleted apps, including any data you had stored on those apps.
Beste foon- en gadget-wenke en -hacks
Op soek na wenke en hacks vir u foon? Wil u die geheime funksies in sosiale media-toepassings vind? Ons het u gedek…
- Hoe om delete your Instagram account
- Wat doen pending mean on Snapchat?
- How to check if you’ve been blocked on WhatsApp
- How to drop a pin on Google Maps
- Hoe kan ek my Facebook wagwoord?
- How to go live on TikTok
- Hoe om clear the cache on an iPhone
- Al wat jy moet weet oor Rusland se inval in die Oekraïne NFT art?
- Al wat jy moet weet oor Rusland se inval in die Oekraïne OnlyFans?
- Wat doen Meta mean?
Ons betaal vir u stories! Het u 'n verhaal vir The Sun Online Tech & Wetenskapspan? E-pos ons by email@example.com