A MODEL and horse rider found dead on a farm in a suspected murder-suicide died from a stab wound to the neck, an inquest heard today.
Gracie Spinks, 23, was discovered in a field in the picturesque village of Duckmanton, Derby, en Junio 18.
Heartbroken pals say she had been hounded by former colleague Michael Sellers in the period leading up to her death.
The 35-year-old was found dead in a nearby field later the same morning.
An inquest into Gracie’s death heard today how she was last seen alive by her mum Alison Heaton on the morning of her death.
Two people who discovered her lying on the ground in a pool of blood initially believed she had been kicked by her beloved horse Paddy.
A post-mortem later found Gracie died from a stab wound to the neck that cut her spine and a major artery.
CÓMO PUEDE OBTENER AYUDA:
Women’s Aid tiene este consejo para las víctimas y sus familias:
- Mantenga siempre su teléfono cerca.
- Póngase en contacto con organizaciones benéficas para obtener ayuda, incluida la línea de ayuda por chat en vivo de Women’s Aid y servicios como SupportLine.
- Si estas en peligro, llamada 999.
- Familiarízate con la solución silenciosa, reporting abuse without speaking down the phone, instead dialing “55”.
- Always keep some money on you, including change for a pay phone or bus fare.
- Si sospecha que su pareja está a punto de atacarlo, try to go to a lower-risk area of the house – for example, where there is a way out and access to a telephone.
- Evita la cocina y el garaje, where there are likely to be knives or other weapons. Evite las habitaciones donde pueda quedar atrapado, como el baño, or where you might be shut into a cupboard or other small space.
If you are a victim of domestic abuse, SupportLine abre los martes, Miércoles y jueves de 18 a 20 h. 01708 765200. El servicio de asistencia por correo electrónico de la organización benéfica está abierto los días de semana y los fines de semana durante la crisis. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women’s Aid ofrece una servicio de chat en vivo – available every day from 10am-6pm.
También puede llamar a la Línea Nacional de Ayuda para Abuso Doméstico de forma gratuita las 24 horas al 0808 2000 247.
The inquest, which was adjourned due to the police investigation, was told there was no evidence of sexual assault.
Pals previously told how Sellers had become “obsesionado” with Gracie after they went on a date and repeatedly showed up at her stables.
They also set up a GoFundMe page to raise funds for the care of her horse Paddy following the tragedy.
Más leídos en Noticias
Gracie’s mum paid tribute to her “beautiful daughter”, que ha sido “taken away from me, her dad and brother and sister and everyone who loved and cared for her”.
She also shared a photograph of Gracie with the tag “stop violence against women”.
Derbyshire Police has referred itself to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) because of previous contact with Gracie earlier this year.