A TERRIFIED mum captured the shocking moment a man wielding a knife broke into her home and allegedly tried to rape her.
The brave woman was finally able to fight off her attacker and has since shared the video on her Instagram account in a bid to warn others.
Psychology student Sara Quintero, 25, was at her home in the town of Apartado in the northern Colombian department of Antioquia.
The mum-of-one was filming a university assignment when suddenly she can be seen screaming as an intruder breaks into her home.
El hombre, who is pointing a small blade at the woman, tells her to get on her knees and then go to bed, which she refuses to do, La Piragua informes.
During a physical struggle, he leads her to a different room while her cries can be heard in the background.
A few moments later she returns alone and turns off the camera.
”He tried to touch me and kiss me and he wouldn’t leave me and told me he was going to kill me,” the woman told City TV.
She added that she was ”agradecido” her child was not at home at the time and insisted the act was premeditated.
Local media claimed the suspect is a 22-year-old who receives treatment at a local psychiatric hospital.
Distritt.com reports that the man’s family has defended him claiming he is bipolar.
The mum-of-one shared the 11-minute-clip on her Instagram account that has since had over 3 millones de visitas, in order to help authorities catch the culprit and warn others.
She wrote in the caption: ”He entered my house to rape me!
”Everything was recorded because I was filming a video for a university assignment.
”I was saved by the blessing of God and that I always fight for my life and my physical integrity.
”I managed to escape because I pulled myself away and dragged him down the stairs.
”Help me so this does not go unpunished, as he apparently has a mental disorder and there is not much that can be done, we want to put pressure on the authorities by showing the facts so it does not go unpunished.”
Authorities said the incident was reported to Urabá Police, El Tiempo reports.
”This Sunday morning the young woman’s complaint was received after we were able to locate her.
Más leídos en Noticias
”With the data that she provided and what can be seen in the video, the possible attacker is located,” Colonel Giovanny Puentes confirmed.
“The evidence that has been collected will be delivered tomorrow (lunes) to a prosecutor who is guiding the case and the case is under investigation,“ said a police spokesperson.
”At the moment it is known that the young woman did not suffer any damage, is in good health and is expected to receive psychological attention to face the attempted rape.”
CÓMO PUEDE OBTENER AYUDA:
Women’s Aid tiene este consejo para las víctimas y sus familias:
- Mantenga siempre su teléfono cerca.
- Póngase en contacto con organizaciones benéficas para obtener ayuda, incluida la línea de ayuda por chat en vivo de Women’s Aid y servicios como SupportLine.
- Si estas en peligro, llamada 999.
- Familiarízate con la solución silenciosa, a donde llamas 999 y presione "55" si no puede hablar con seguridad.
- Lleva siempre algo de dinero o una tarjeta bancaria contigo, incluido el cambio en caso de que necesite un teléfono público o una tarifa de autobús.
- Si sospecha que su pareja está a punto de atacarlo, Intente moverse hacia una salida si está dentro de la casa y obtenga su teléfono en caso de que necesite llamar para pedir ayuda..
- Evita la cocina y el garaje, donde es probable que haya cuchillos u otras armas potenciales. Evite las habitaciones donde pueda quedar atrapado, como el baño.
SupportLine abre los martes, Miércoles y jueves de 18 a 20 h. 01708 765200. El servicio de asistencia por correo electrónico de la organización benéfica está abierto los días de semana y los fines de semana durante la crisis. firstname.lastname@example.org.
También puede llamar a la Línea Nacional de Ayuda para Abuso Doméstico de forma gratuita las 24 horas al 0808 2000 247.