A SHOCK twist in a horror rollercoaster crash has revealed that the victim was involved in three freak accidents before the tragedy.
Shylah Rodden was struck by the ride when she was allegedly trying retrieve a dropped mobile phone last Sunday.
The 26-year-old was dragged 30ft and thrown into the air by the Rebel Coaster in Melbourne, Australia, in front of shocked visitors.
She was left with multiple serious injuries including several fractures and is in a coma in intensive care.
Hoy, it was revealed the hapless Aussie has been involved in a serious car crash in February 2019 and flipped her car after hitting a truck in January 2021.
Shylah was hit by the Rebel Coaster ride at the Melbourne Royal Show last Sunday making it her fourth freak accident.
Aki Munir, the family’s lawyer, said Shylah’s parents are considering whether to pursue legal action against the show and its operators for negligence.
Shylah had been working at a friend’s stall at the show on the day she was injured.
She and her pal had been on break when they decided to go on a few rides.
It’s understood she dropped her phone while on the Rebel Rollercoaster and walked back on the tracks to retrieve it, la policía cree.
Lo más leído en The Sun
Shylah’s father Alan Rodden told the Daily Mail Australia that his daughter sustained life-changing injuries.
“Obviously I can’t talk to my daughter. She’s going to be in a coma for quite a while,” él dijo.
“The injuries are horrific. Horrendo. She’s brain damaged. It’s pelvic, her arms, piernas, espalda, cuello – there’s hardly a thing that’s not broken. I just can’t work out how the hell so much damage has been done.
“‘Even the doctors have said they haven’t seen anything as bad as this for a long time.”
Police said the rollercoaster was travelling 43mph when it struck her.
En 2021, Shylah had to learn how to walk again after being involved in a devastating crash in January.
Her car flipped after ploughing into a truck and a car.
She was not wearing a seatbelt and was flung from the car into the road.
And two months before her horror accident, she was dealt another hard blow with the death of her beloved brother, Jason.
“Dad sat me down and told me that my brother had passed away,” she wrote weeks before her accident.
“He wasn’t just my big brother, he was my best friend, my everything, the person I looked up to and inspired to be like.”
Her family have called the Melbourne Royal Show “shameful” for reopening the ride two days after the accident.
And her distraught dad suggested claims that his daughter was solely to blame for the tragedy may be evidence of a “cover up.”
He told the Daily Mail Australia: “There are a lot of stories going around and I don’t know which one is true and if someone is covering their tracks.”
Show spokeswoman Katie Scanlan said in a statement: “The safety and well-being of our visitors to the show continues to be our number one priority.
“Strict safety protocols are upheld in line with Victorian WorkSafe regulations.
“All rides on site have undergone stringent compliance inspections and have passed all the required safety documentation.”