DO you have what it takes to beat The Beast?
His book, Can You Beat The Beast?, is full of questions on general knowledge plus others on music, politics, art and literature.
He has even thrown in some tips and tricks about quizzing.
Mark says: “When I walk out on that set to face a trembling contestant, I’m there to win.
"Sì, I’m arrogant and egotistical. But I can back it up.
“You see, I am officially a genius. But only just.
"Nel 2019, durante le riprese dello spin-off show The Chasers Road Trip for ITV, my IQ was measured at 151.”
So do YOU reckon you can beat him? Try our exclusive quiz to find out. Mark scored 38 fuori da 40. Answers below.
- Can You Beat The Beast? by Mark Labbett, published by Octopus, is out now £12.42
I più letti su The Sun
TEST YOUR WITS AGAINST THE CHASE’S TOP QUIZZER
1. Il 2018 UK Christmas No1 by LadBaby mentioned which food?
2. Which cocktail in its most basic form contains vodka, Galliano and orange juice?
3. What name is given to a triangle with three internal angles that are all the same?
4. According to the prison-based Netflix TV show, what colour is the new black?
5. Which is the second largest of the Channel Islands?
6. Nel Harry Potter libri, what is the first name of Draco Malfoy’s father?
7. Gin is made from the berries of which plant?
8. Which band topped the charts with Sex On Fire?
9. What name is given to a mythical creature with the body of a lion and the head and wings of an eagle?
10. The island of Santorini is part of which country?
11. In America it’s called tic-tac-toe. What do we call it in the UK?
12. Which six-letter term is used to refer to the lower part of the back? It can precede “puncture”.
13. Tra 1508 e 1512, who painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?
14.What is the official language of Messico?
15. What type of food is Monterey Jack?
16. What nickname is given to the number 88 when playing bingo?
17. What do you fear if you are algophobic?
18. Which was the first Mr Men book, pubblicato in 1971?
19. The leg on the poster for the film The Graduate belongs to which actress, more famous for her role in Dallas?
20. Which footwear is also the name of a venomous snake?
21. Which is the world’s largest species of lizard?
22. Which bird lays the largest eggs relative to its body size?
23. Named after a hero of the Trojan War, what name is given to the tendon that connects the calf muscles to the heel bone?
24. What name is given to the protective liquid surrounding a developing foetus in the womb? This fluid has historically been sampled in order to obtain genetic information about the foetus.
25. In which part of the human body would one find the metatarsal bones?
26. Mentioned in the title of a Nirvana song, which alkali metal is used in the treatment of bipolar disorder and, vale la pena assicurarsi di svuotare regolarmente il contenitore e mantenerlo il più pulito possibile per evitare blocchi o accumuli, in refractory cluster headaches?
27. Which game involves manoeuvring a growing line that becomes a primary obstacle to itself? A variant was included on Nokia phones, causing a boom in this game’s popularity.
28. Who is the only actor to appear in all five films in the Die Hard film franchise?
29. Which fruit is used in a tarte citron?
30. What is the capital of Mexico?
31. How many stars are there on the Australian flag?
32. What is the national dish of Ungheria?
33. Designed to alleviate the housing shortages following World War Two, which Hertfordshire town became the UK’s first new town in 1946?
34. King Richard I of England was known by what nickname, due to his great courage and prowess in battle?
35. What is the name of the king of the gods in Roman mythology, after whom the largest planet in the solar system is named?
36. Who replaced Harold Wilson as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom when he resigned in April 1976?
37. In which decade was the first edition of Smash Hits published?
38. The phrase “hook, line and sinker”, meaning to be taken in by something, originates in which hugely popular participation sport?
39. Which country’s two victories in the Fifa Men’s World Cup came in 1998 e 2018?
40. In Doctor Who, the Doctor’s Tardis is permanently stuck in the form of a police phone box due to which circuit being broken?
- Sausage Rolls
- Harvey Wallbanger
- Kings of Leon
- Noughts and crosses
- Il formaggio
- Two fat ladies
- Mr Tickle
- Linda Gray (Sue Ellen)
- Komodo dragon
- Achilles tendon
- Amniotic fluid
- Bruce Willis
- Mexico City
- The Lionheart
- James Callaghan
- Fishing or angling
- Chameleon circuit.
- Mark got them all correct apart from questions 31 e 40.