Archivos de etiquetas: charger

Muchacha, 17, left with burns to face after iPhone charger ‘set her duvet on fire

A GIRL was left with burns to her face after an iPhone charger allegedly set her duvet on fire while she was in bed.

Amie Hall, 17, de Birmingham, plugged in her charger as she was falling asleep in the early hours of Thursday morning when it set her duvetalight.

Amie Hall, 17, was left with burns on her face

Amie Hall, 17, was left with burns on her faceCrédito: Prensa de atasco
Her bedding can be seen covered in black burn marks

Her bedding can be seen covered in black burn marksCrédito: Prensa de atasco

The teen says the blaze then caught her face, leaving her with burns on her right cheek.

She ran downstairs to tell her mumwho was fortunately able to extinguish the blaze without firefighters.

She said today: “I panicked and went and woke up my mum and she managed to put the fire out.

“After the whole incident I feel in so much shock.

“This could have been a lot worse if I was sleeping.

“At this point I am very scared to plug in my charger now.”

The 17-year-old later shared pictures of the shocking scene on social media.

Her bedding set and charger, which she says was purchased from Apple, can be seen covered in black burn marks, while her cheek has a patch of raw, burnt skin.

In the post, Amie wrote: “So 2am this morning I was lying down as you do on my phone.

The 17-year-old said she was in 'so much shock'

The 17-year-old said she was in ‘so much shockCrédito: Prensa de atasco
Apple said they are aware of the incident

Apple said they are aware of the incidentCrédito: Prensa de atasco

“Plugged in my charger and it set alight. My bed cover/duvet set on fire and also caught my face.

“This isn’t even a cheap charger, it’s an Apple charger.

“Please don’t go to bed and leave your phone charging overnight.

“If I was asleep this could have been a lot worse and this could have set my whole family home up with all my family in.

“Please be aware this can happen to anyone and could be a lot worse – it’s dangerous.”

It’s not known whether the charger itself, consisting of an Apple wire and another brand’s plug, caused the fire or whether the socket at her home was faulty.

Apple confirmed it was in touch with the customer and islooking into the matter.

A spokesperson for Apple told BirminghamLive: “Apple takes customer safety very seriously, is in touch with the customer and looking into the matter.

Information on safe charging of Apple devices can be found aquí.”

Among the advice, Apple warns charging in a poorly ventilated space or where moisture is present could prove a fire hazard.