A SINGLE mum-of-two says the rising cost of living has forced her to work three jobs just to get by.
Jayne Gale, who has cancer, claims her “body is breaking” as she pushes herself to the limit to provide for her family – but they would be homeless if she didn’t.
“I’m exhausted all of the time and all I do when I get back from one of my three jobs is sleep.
“If I had a choice I would be spending time with my children, but I can’t afford not to work.
READ MORE ON COST OF LIVING
“I’ve been trying to cope on my own for the last 12 years but now I’ve hit a brick wall.
“I guess it’s just a case of ploughing on really. I’ve got to keep on working until my body is broken.”
While the family’s general cost of living has shot up, their financial problems will worsen still come October thanks to rising gas and electricity bills.
Jayne was quoted £600 a month for her utilities, which is even more than her rent.
Thankfully this was reduced to £260 after changing provider, but the mum is still “absolutely dreading” the next few months.
Her daughters return to school in September and need a range of new supplies, 包括 “strict” uniforms which she estimates will cost £200.
Previously her girls paid £80 for the year but they now have to cough up £120.
更糟糕的是, the mum said she isn’t getting the health support she desperately needs.
反而, she has had to find a group herself, with the only one available 25 miles away in Hull, meaning she has to fork out extra money to travel to the city.
Cost of living payments: what you need to know
- All the key dates for cost of living payments revealed
- Every household will get a £400 cost of living payment to help with energy bills
- See the full list of benefits eligible for £650 cost of living cash
- 这是 free cash you can get if you DON’T qualify for the £650 cost of living payment
- Millions of pensioners will get a £300 cost of living payment this winter
- Disabled Brits will get £150 this September
- Parents can get up to £200 towards school uniform costs