A HORRIFIC mass poisoning at a vacation resort has sickened at least 24 people ill, con 10 of them hospitalized and four are in critical condition, la policía dice.
The carbon monoxide leaked into a hotel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas on Saturday, which left more than two dozen people injured, según la policía.
Ten people were hospitalized and four had to be airlifted out of the Stonegate Lodge, according to the officials.
The Eureka Springs Fire Department responded to a call from the hotel just before 7am on Saturday, de acuerdo a KY3.
The cause of the leak at the Stonegate Lodge is still being determined, but the fire marshal is working with Black Hills energy to investigate.
Gary Inman, Assistant Chief of Eureka Springs Fire Department, told KY3 “we flew some of the patients [fuera].”
“Some facilities have hyperbolic chambers that can purge the body of the carbon monoxide quicker than then it would just happen naturally,” él agregó.
Inman was shocked by this accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.
”It’s very unusual because most gas-related systems are very safe and reliable.
“It’s nothing to fool around with and it can be very dangerous,” él dijo.
Lo más leído en The Sun
The owner of the lodge refused to speak with reporters on camera until the investigation had concluded.
De acuerdo con la Centers for Disease Control, por lo menos 430 people die in the U.S. from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning each year.
Fifty thousand people in the United States visit emergency rooms for treatment after being accidentally poisoned, cada año.
Symptoms of poisoning include a headache, dizziness, debilidad, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion, Según los Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades.
The agency recommends people take the following steps to prevent carbon monoxide exposure in their home:
Make sure to get a carbon monoxide detector and change its batteries every six months.
Don’t forget to service your heating system, water heater, and other gas oil or coal appliances each year.
Ensuring your vents and flues don’t have any debris is a must-have.
Leer más sobre el sol
Remember to never run a generator, pressure washer, or any gas-powered engine less than 20 feet from an open window or door, and never in a basement, garage, or other enclosed structure, even if the doors or windows are open.
Finalmente, do not run a charcoal grill, hibachi, lantern, or portable camping stove inside.