MILLIONS of households claiming disability benefit are set to receive a £150 cost of living payment today.
Le £150 cash support will be paid directly into people’s bank accounts from today. (Mardi, septembre 20).
The money will start landing from today, but most people will get their cash in the first two weeks of October.
The payment is to help those with handicapées pay for any energy intensive equipment they might have.
It comes after Prime Minister Liz Truss announced a price freeze to energy bills for two years, with the typical family paying £2,500 a year from October.
Energy bills had been due to hit £3,500. toutefois, Il y a un bouton de démarrage Energy Price Guarantee, which replaces the price cap, only limits the amount suppliers can charge.
It doesn’t limit the amount a household will pay, this is based on their energy usage and size of their property.
Who is eligible for the £150 disability payment?
Millions of people on disability benefits are eligible for the one-off payment.
You can get the cash if you claim one of the following:
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- War Pension Mobility Supplement
- Adult Disability Payment (in Scotland)
- Child Disability Payment (in Scotland)
Les plus lus dans Money
Claimants must have received, or begun an eventually successful claim for one of these avantages, as of May 25 this year to be eligible for the £150 payment.
How do I claim the disability cost of living payment?
You shouldn’t have to do anything to get the money if you are eligible for it.
The cash should be paid directly into the account where you receive your benefits payments,
The money is also exempt from tax and won’t count towards the benefit cap or impact existing benefit awards.
The money is expected to start arriving from September, but it may take a few weeks before all the payments are made.
The Government said the majority of people will receive their money within a couple of weeks, and by the beginning of October.
It’s a good idea to keep an eye on your bank statements around this time to check it arrives.
If you’re still awaiting confirmation of your disability benefits from a claim that was put in by May 25, your payment may take longer to arrive.
What other energy bill help is coming?
From October the first, all households will start to receive a £400 energy bill discount.
The payment will be dished out by your energy supplier and will be split across six discounts between October and March L'année prochaine.
Households will receive a £66 energy bill discount in October and November and a discount worth £67 in December, janvier, February and March.
En novembre, une £300 one-off “Pensioner Cost of Living Payment” will be paid out to eight million households.
Millions of households are in line to get the £150 Warm Home Discount between December and March 2023.
Check if you can get an energy grant
There are plenty of energy grants and schemes open to help you out if you’re struggling.
British Gas has recently confirmed that it’ll pay its most vulnerable customers grants worth £750 to help with sky-high bills.
Le British Gas Energy Trust has previously paid struggling households up to £1,500 – and you don’t need to be a British Gas customer to apply for this help.
Ask your supplier what’s on offer and how to apply, or check here:
- Bulb energy fund
- EDF’s energy customer support fund
- E.on’s energy fund
- Npower’s energy fund
- Octopus Energy Octo Assist fund
- Ovo’s debt and energy assistance
- Scottish Power’s hardship fund
Lottie a dit à ses fans qu'elle était en cure de désintoxication le mois dernier et a partagé la nouvelle sur TikTok
You can get free debt advice
If you’re in debt there are plenty of services you can take advantage of and they offer free advice on how to manage debt.
Most of them can offer you free guidance and help in person, over the telephone or online.
- Money Helper – 0800 138 7777
- Citizens Advice – 0808 800 9060
- StepChange – 0800 138 1111
- National Debtline – 0808 808 4000
Cost of living payments: Que souhaitez-vous savoir
- All the key dates for cost of living payments revealed
- Every household will get a £400 cost of living payment to help with energy bills
- See the full list of benefits eligible for £650 cost of living cash
- Voici free cash you can get if you DON’T qualify for the £650 cost of living payment
- Millions of pensioners will get a £300 cost of living payment Cet hiver
- Disabled Brits will get £150 this September
- Parents can get up to £200 towards school uniform costs