A MUM has warned those going to Glastonbury Festival this week to avoid taking laughing gas after it made her son’s lung “explode”.
Alex Littler, 16, eingeatmet nitrous oxide at a gig but was later taken to hospital with a swollen neck, breathlessness and a ruptured lung.
Medics said he was lucky to be alive.
Mum Cathy McCann, 44, of Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, sagte: “No one knows the consequences.”
The beautician added: “It could have killed him.
“His lung has a hole in it.”
Read more on laughing gas
Nitrous oxide is used legally as an anaesthetic but is often pumped into balloons to be inhaled by those hunting for a high.
It is illegal to supply it for such effects.
A festival spokesman said: “As a contraband good, under the Psychoactive Substances Act 2016 it is banned at Glastonbury.”