A SURPRISE Strictly star has overtaken Helen Skelton as hot favourite to win after the opening night.
The 20th series of the BBC dance competition returned to our screens on Friday to introduce the new pairings.
Last night the 15 famous faces took to the dance floor to show off their best moves live on television for the first time.
And after his incredible Jive to Ricky Martin’s Livin’ La Vida Loca with partner Nancy Xu, it looks like he could be crowned winner of Strictly 2022.
Wille is now the new favourite after his odds dropped from 5/1 zu 7/4.
inzwischen Helen Skelton ist 4/1 und THE X Factor-Star Andrea Faustini sieht sieben Jahre nach ihrem Auftritt in der Show ganz anders aus ist 9/2.
Nicola McGeady of Ladbrokes said: “Will Mellor has caused a shake up in the Strictly betting after a brilliant performance.
“He has knocked Fleur East and Helen Skeleton off the top spot and is now the one to beat as far as the odds are concerned.”
Tony Adam and Kaye Adams are least likely with 100/1.
Will suffered a knee injury just days before the first live Strictly show.
Die meisten lesen im Fernsehen
The 46-year-old shared a clip of himself icing his knees during rehearsals for the BBC dance show, admitting he was in “shock.”
n the video, an exhausted looking Wille sagte: “Just in rehearsal for Strictly. Will’s knees sponsored by peas.”
Er hat es beschriftet: “In rehearsal for @bbcstrictly!! My knees are in shock!! #tooldforthis #strictlycomedancing #dancing #badknees #shattered.”
Streng komm tanzen 2022 Besetzung
- Everything about EastEnders legend James Bye
- Who is TV presenter Helen Skelton?
- Find out who Arsenal legend Tony Adams ist
- Wer ist THE X Factor-Star Andrea Faustini sieht sieben Jahre nach ihrem Auftritt in der Show ganz anders aus and when was she on X Factor?
- Get to know singer Matt Goss
- Here’s everything to know about Loose Women’s Kaye Adams
- Wer ist Will Mellor?
- The lowdown on Corrie star Kym Marsh
- Find out everything about radio presenter Richie Anderson
- Who is singer Molly Rainford?
- Everything about DJ Tyler West
- Get to know champion swimmer Ellie Simmonds
- Who is Countryfile’s Hamza Yassin?
- Here’s everything about comedian and actress Ellie Taylor
- Wer ist Jayde Adams?
Will has previously expressed concern about his knees, after previously revealing he has struggled with them for over 10 Jahre.
Er sagte Digital Spy: “I don’t want to get injured. I’ve got bad knees and football injuries, operations and stuff. I’m having to ice them every night.
“If they pop out in the middle of a dance routine live on telly, there’s not much I can do because I will just hit the floor, and they do.
“They’ve popped out while I’ve been walking down the stairs before now. I can pop it back in, but at that moment, I have no strength in the leg.”