MULBERRY bags will forever be an elegant classic even though we all know that the number of brands that have replicated its immaculate aesthetic is innumerable.
But obvs, there’s nothing like the real deal and fortunately some styles are cheaper than others.
Established in Somerset in 1971, Mulberry is the ultimate British handbag label, always combining expert craftsmanship and chic style.
Thanks to its flourishing popularity, its collection of Bayswater, Darley and Amberley can all be spotted replicated on the high-street.
But the genuine quality is irreplaceable, from the signature golden carved clasp to that rich, soft leather. You’ll be able to pass a Mulberry down generations – they’re famous for looking even better with age.
Stars have been obsessed ever since they gained fashionable momentum – Alexa Chung even designed her own style.
And the likes of Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton wear them religiously.
Loving your pre-loved Mulberry
If your pockets don’t stretch to a new Mulberry bag, you can nonetheless indulge your Champagne tastes with a bit of canny shopping at sites, such as Ebay, Vestaire Collective, Rebelle and Designer Exchange. Mulberry also has its own pre-loved store online.
What to buy
Every woman deserves to enjoy the British heritage luxury of a Mulberry bag, which is why we’ve picked out the best value options for you here:
Mulberry Mini Antony
- Mini Antony Mandarin Orange Small Classic Grain, £345 at Mulberry – acquista qui
We’ll start with one of the least expensive and smallest bags by Mulberry, the mini Antony is a cross-body pouch to carry your phone and credit cards, which can fit in card slips under the flap.
Lightweight and hands free, it’s perfect for those who only need their essentials when they’re on the go.
It’s made from classic grain leather and has adjustable straps and a silver postman lock – più, it’s available in seven different colours.
The Antony is a classic Mulberry satchel with a functional, unisex style – and a canvas strap that can be worn on one shoulder or across the body. There is also a full size Antony and a Small Antony in this family of Mulberry bags.
- [object Window] Eggshell High Shine Leather, £675 at Mulberry – acquista qui
Small Antony Mulberry Green Heavy Grain, £525 at Mulberry – acquista qui
LEGGI DI PIÙ:
Mulberry Small Darley Satchel
- Mulberry Darley small leather cross-body bag in cornflower blue, £545 at Selfridges – acquista qui
If you’re looking for a first Mulberry bag, this new season small Darley Satchel is one of the most reasonable Mulberry bags available.
It has a retro mini cross-body bag style and signature postman’s lock. It’s available in no less than 13 colours but we’re a little bit in love with the cornflower blue.
It’s made from a classic grained leather with a flap front and detachable strap so you can convert it to a clutch bag, when needed.
There is one main compartment inside, which is pretty spacious and fully lined – with three credit card slots at the back.
Mulberry Amberley Small Nero Clutch
- Amberley Clutch Black Small Classic Grain, £575 at Mulberry – acquista qui
The ultimate classic clutch bag for going out out, the Amberley has a detachable chain strap so you can wear it as a shoulder bag or hold it as a clutch.
We love the chic black and oxblood colours in classic grain leather, which will go with everything this autumn – and are also the cheapest of the colour and leather combinations – handy!
The Amberley clutch features the signature Rider’s Lock closure and, for a small bag, the interior is well designed with a main compartment, zipped pocket and credit card slots for all your essentials.
Other Amberley Clutch styles include:
Amberley Clutch Mulberry Pink Silky Calf Leather, £625 at Mulberry – acquista qui
Amberley Clutch Eggshell High Shine Leather, £695 at Mulberry – acquista qui
Amberley Clutch Teak Classic Smooth Calf, £745 at Mulberry – Prossimamente
Mulberry Bayswater Tote Bag
Mulberry Bayswater Tote Charcoal Small Classic Grain, £725 at John Lewis – acquista qui
When you think of Mulberry, this Bayswater leather tote probably flashes to mind.
At some point in the noughties, just about everyone – Kate Moss, Alexa Chung, Mischa Barton, Blake Lively, to be precise – had this baby nestled in the crook of their arm.
The Bayswater tote is spacious enough for all your essentials, from an iPad to a pair of shoes and is ideal for an office commute.
It’s available in a wide choice of colours but we loved the vibrant blue sided lining of this charcoal bag – along with the trademark Mulberry branding and iconic iconic Postman’s Lock.
It’s certainly an investment, but this classic Mulberry style will never go out of fashion and can be used every day – più, the top quality classic grained leather is made to last so you’ll get plenty of bang for your buck.
Mulberry Mini Bayswater
Mini Bayswater Lawn Green Small Classic Grain, £750 at Mulberry – acquista qui
For another £25, treat yourself to a colourful mini Bayswater with a signature Mulberry silhouette.
A miniature version of the iconic Bayswater, this cute bag has the Postman’s Lock hardware and clean lines of the original version but with a much more affordable price tag.
This lawn green style made from classic grain leather has a contrasting black lining with one main compartment and internal slip pockets.
It’s the external details that make this bag however, such as the two top handles, detachable shoulder strap and Mulberry branded key fob.
Pre-loved Mulberry bags
Bag a bargain at Mulberry with a pre-loved Mulberry bag available to buy online – here are a few of our favourites:
- Tessie Satchel, Pre-Loved, Poppy Red Soft Grain Leather, £425 at Mulberry – acquista qui
- Small Selwood, Pre-Loved, Midnight Shiny Goat, £395 at Mulberry – acquista qui
- Delphie Clutch, Pre-Loved, Black Deep Embossed Croc, £395 at Mulberry – acquista qui
- Shopper, Pre-Loved, Aqua Scotchgrain, £445 at Mulberry – acquista qui
- East West Bayswater, Pre-loved, Oak Printed Natural Leather, £495 at Mulberry – acquista qui
Other places to check out pre-loved Mulberry bags include Vestaire Collective, Rebelle, Ebay and Designer Exchange. We’ve had a quick peek and found the following beauties:
- Black leather Mulberry handbag, £330 from Vestaire Collective – acquista qui
- Bayswater Tote, £600 from Vestaire Collective – acquista qui
- Phoebe handbag, £200 from Designer Exchange – acquista qui
- Red leather bag, £705 from Rebelle – acquista qui
- Bayswater in black leather, £540 from Ebay – acquista qui
If you can’t stretch to a Mulberry, all is not lost with a whole range of beautiful bags with the look and feel of a Mulberry.
We’ve handpicked some of our favourite leather totes, satchels and cross-body bags to complete your autumn wardrobe.
- The Emily in Oxblood Saffiano, £285 at the Cambridge Satchel Company – acquista qui
- Pale Pink Leather-Look Logo Tote Bag, £23.99 at New Look – acquista qui
- Small Stella Satchel, £325 at Aspinal of London – acquista qui
- Cultured London Beckenham Leather Handbag, £69 at Next – acquista qui
- EAMES CHAIN BAG in Tan leather, £111.20 (20% spento) at Whistles – acquista qui