Arquivos de tags: Jamie

Jamie Laing em corrida de emergência enquanto casa em Londres se enche de monóxido de carbono mortal

STRICTLY Come Dancing star Jamie Laing told how hiswhole buildingwas full of deadly carbon monoxideand how his alarm may well have saved his life.

O Fabricado em Chelsea alumni, 33, woke at 6am to the ringing of his carbon monoxide detector beeping, a sound that lasted for more than half an hour.

Strictly’s Jamie Laing has revealed his carbon monoxide fright after his alarm went off at 6am

Strictly’s Jamie Laing has revealed his carbon monoxide fright after his alarm went off at 6amCrédito: Instagram
The Made In Chelsea alumni told how his apartment was 'filled' with the deadly substance

The Made In Chelsea alumni told how his apartment was ‘filledwith the deadly substanceCrédito: Instagram

Wearing a black hoodie and looking sleepy, Jamie took to his Instagram Stories to ask fans for advice.

Ele disse: “Guys it’s 6am and my carbon monoxide alarm is beeping, so I googled it and they told me to call the Gas Emergency, never had to phone them before, and I was also told to open a window.

“Então, if anyone has had a carbon monoxide alarm buzzing or ringing, let me know what to do. Do I sit inside? Do I not sit inside? How dangerous is it? Any tricks to sleep as well because I’m absolutely exhausted, it’s been going on for half an hour.

Yet later, the Nearlyweds podcast host took to his page again and added the caption: “Serious talk.

Addressing the sheer reality of his scary situation, he put: “Little update, the Gas emergency guy has just come over, Steve, nice guy.

He told me the whole building is full of carbon monoxide, silent killer. Can’t taste it, feel it, sense it, nothing at all.

The whole building is full of carbon monoxide, full of it. Everyone’s fine, everyone’s all good, it’s clear now.

In a serious tone, the usual cheeky-chap added: “My point is, if it wasn’t for that beeping alarm, it could have been a different story, who knows.

‘So if you haven’t checked your carbon monoxide alarm, if you haven’t checked it, tested it, if you haven’t got one -check it.

‘Test it this weekend because it’s a silent killer, so there you gocheck it, everyone is ok.

Jamie’s fiance and Nearlyweds podcast co-host Sophie Habboo was nowhere to be seen.

Known as thesilent killer”, carbon monoxide is an odourless, colourless gas, that can cause serious injuries or even death if inhaled.

Mais do que 200 britânico e Irish residents are taken to hospital as a result of the condition each year.

What is Carbon Monoxide poisoning?

JAMIE Laing has revealed his London apartment wasfilled

Known as thesilent killer”, carbon monoxide is an odourless, colourless gas, that can cause serious injuries or even death if inhaled.

Mais do que 200 britânico e Irish residents are taken to hospital as a result of the condition each year.

If inhaled, the gas can quickly enter a person’s bloodstream, making it unable to carry oxygen. The body’s cells and tissue then begin to fail, and eventually die.

Although the poisoning is treatable, entre 10 e 15 per cent of people affected develop long-term complications of some description.

If inhaled, the gas can quickly enter a person’s bloodstream, making it unable to carry oxygen. The body’s cells and tissue then begin to fail, and eventually die.

Although the poisoning is treatable, entre 10 e 15 per cent of people affected develop long-term complications of some description.

Jamie said it could have been a 'different story' if it wasn't for his alarm

Jamie said it could have been a ‘different storyif it wasn’t for his alarmCrédito: Instagram
His fiancee Sophie Habboo was nowhere to be seen amid the drama

His fiancee Sophie Habboo was nowhere to be seen amid the dramaCrédito: Instagram
Jamie, who appeared on Strictly's 2020 Series, urged fans to check their own alarms

Jamie, who appeared on Strictly’s 2020 Series, urged fans to check their own alarmsCrédito: BBC