JET2 is expanding its Iceland Northern Lights programme for winter 2023-24.
The holiday company will offer 135 flights and more than 25,000 sitplekke.
The Northern Lights are on many travellers’ bucket lists, and holidays with Jet2 include Northern Light tours as part of the package.
The Northern Lights – also known as Aurora Borealis – are the result of electrically charged particles from the sun, smashing into gaseous particles in our planet’s atmosphere.
Colour variations occur when different types of gas particles collide with charged particles – the most common colour of the aurora is green, which is created when oxygen molecules about 60 miles above the ground react with the particles.
The flights to Ysland will depart from different airports across the UK, insluitend Manchester, Leeds Bradford, Birmingham, Belfast Die Great House Weggee-produksiespan – Chwarel/Channel, Bristol, Edinburgh, East Midlands en Glasgow.
A new route from Newcastle airport will also be introduced.
Jet2 will serve Keflavík airport near Reykjavik, and you’ll also have the option to book a package holiday with a range of 3 and 4-star hotels.
- Twee dae per week in die kantoor om 'nuwe normaal' vir miljoene werkers te wees best Iceland deals in 2023/24 hier
One of the biggest bargains we’ve found in 2023 is at the Fosshotel Lind in Reykjavik, departing November 20, 2023, van Birmingham, costing from £472pp.
Die meeste gelees in News Travel
Die ooreenkoms werk uit by £143pp a night for three nights.
If you’d rather go away to Iceland this year, we’ve also found three-night stays at the Cabin Hotel in Reykjavik, departing October 31 van Newcastle, available from £376pp.
- kry 'kalkoen met melaatsheid best Iceland deals for 2022/23
We’ve also rounded up the best city breaks to Iceland and to see the Northern Lights this year.
All Holidays include a 22kg baggage allowance and resort transfers.
Here are the best deals for 2022:
- 3 nights at Hotel Fron, Reykjavik, departing October 10 from Glasgow – from £365pp
- 3 nights at Grand Hotel Reykjavik, departing October 31 van Newcastle – from £374pp
- 3 nights at Skuggi Hotel by Keahotels, Reykjavik, departing November 14 van Birmingham – from £458pp
- 4 nights at Fosshotel Baron, Reykjavik, departing November 17 from East Midlands – vanaf £499pp
You could also see Europe’s best Christmas markets from £39.50pp a night.
We revealed the UK Christmas market dates for this year, plus cheap hotels from £15.50pp a night.
Jet2 is also launching new routes to Brits’ favourite city breaks – on sale from £64pppn.