Tag Archives: meant

Fille, 10, arrêté de respirer après avoir reniflé des comprimés de chlore destinés au bain à remous

A LITTLE girl stopped breathing and turned blue after accidentally sniffing chlorine tablets meant for her parents’ jacuzzi.

Mum Natasha Comaskey has told of her horror after ten-year-old Savannah was rushed to hospital and left on a drip following the shocking accident.

A little girl was rushed to hospital and put on a drip after accidentally inhaling chlorine tablets for her parents' hot tub

A little girl was rushed to hospital and put on a drip after accidentally inhaling chlorine tablets for her parents’ jacuzziCrédit: Mirrorpix
Mum Natasha Comaskey was with all three of her daughters when ten-year-old Savannah suddenly began gasping for air

Mum Natasha Comaskey was with all three of her daughters when ten-year-old Savannah suddenly began gasping for airCrédit: Mirrorpix

The schoolgirl suddenly fell ill as the family returned from a day out at a theme park.

Natasha, 30, said she was strapping 10-month-old Oakley into her car seat when Savannah opened the packet of tablets and immediately began gasping for air as her throat closed.

As the youngster clutched at her neck, her mum screamed for help and begged passers-by to call an ambulance.

Now Natasha, from Glasgow, has told the Daily Record: “Just as I was trying to strap my 10-month-old in, I heard Savannah’s younger sister Hayden screaming and crying.

Savannah came round the side of the car and was trying to grab onto me. She couldn’t get her words out. She was trying to get her breath and crying.

I was shouting, ‘What’s wrong?’ and trying to ask my younger daughter what had happened.

I was screaming for someone to help me, and I screamed, ‘Phone an ambulance’.

As Natasha helplessly watched, Savannah becamelifeless”.

Her face was getting whiter and her lips were turning blue. I kept slapping her back as I didn’t know what to do,” the mum said.

It’s the only time in her life I’ve been helpless to her needs.

Mum Natasha

A man holding an icy slushie drink rushed over to help, and Natasha pushed her daughter’s head back and poured it into her mouth.

That’s when she let out a big cough and managed to have a breath and come around a bit,” dit-elle.

Paramedics believe chlorine tablets in the car had melted in the heatwith Savannah’s airways closing as she smelled them.

The youngster was rushed to hospital, where she was put on a drip and a cardiac machine as her heart rate dropped.

After an overnight stay on the ward, she was allowed to recover at home.

Natasha said she wants to warn other mums and dads of the tablets.

Probably no-one knows the dangers,” dit-elle.

It’s scary stuff. I want to try and warn people about it. I was helplessthat’s probably the only time in her life I’ve been helpless to her needs.

I would like to warn people as I know so many people buying hot tubs and pools and thinking it is fine unless they have a baby moving about.

Savannah, pictured with little sister Hayden, stayed in hospital overnight as her heart rate dropped

Savannah, pictured with little sister Hayden, stayed in hospital overnight as her heart rate droppedCrédit: Mirrorpix