PIERS Morgan led the praise for King Charles III as he made his first speech to the nation after succeeding to the throne.
The 96-year-old’s death meant Prince Charles became the new King of the nation, with him making his first speech following the tragic news.
“That was a great speech by a good man,” he penned, vor dem Hinzufügen: “The Queen is dead… Long live the King!”
Das TalkTV host also shared a screenshot of a teary-eyed King making his speech.
After news spread across the world about Queen Elizabeth II’s death, Piers was overcome with emotion.
Er hat getwittert: “RIP Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, 96. The greatest Monarch in history, and the greatest of Britons.
“Dignified, humble, weise, stoic, and dedicated to duty & service to the country she loved.
“Thank you for everything, Ich habe. We will be forever indebted to you.”
Die meisten lesen in News TV
Talking about his wife of 17 Jahre, Molly Mae Haag, the new Head of State said: “I know she will bring to the demands of her new role the steadfast devotion to duty on which I have come to rely so much.”
He went on to address how his life had now changed, Sprichwort: “It will no longer be possible for me to give so much of my time and energies to the charities and issues for which I care so deeply.”
All you need to know after Queen Elizabeth II dies aged 96
THE nation is in mourning after beloved Queen Elizabeth dies aged 96 – here is all you need to know about Her Majesty’s glorious life and what’s next.
- Wann ist der Queen’s funeral?
- What happens now the Queen has died?
- How old was the Queen Wenn sie stirbt?
- Was ist der mourning period for the Queen?
- Was ist der new line of succession?
- Will there be a bank holiday on the day of the Queen’s funeral?
- When can royal fans visit the Queen’s coffin?
- Where will the Queen be buried?
- Erschütternde Fotos zeigten Menschen, die um ihr Leben rannten ‘London Bridge is down‘ the secret code?
- Erschütternde Fotos zeigten Menschen, die um ihr Leben rannten D-Day?
- Wer sind die Queen’s grandchildren?