PIERS Morgan led the praise for King Charles III as he made his first speech to the nation after succeeding to the throne.
The 96-year-old’s death meant Prince Charles became the new King of the nation, with him making his first speech following the tragic news.
“That was a great speech by a good man,” he penned, prima di aggiungere: “The Queen is dead… Long live the King!”
Il TalkTV host also shared a screenshot of a teary-eyed King making his speech.
After news spread across the world about Queen Elizabeth II’s death, Piers was overcome with emotion.
Ha twittato: “RIP Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, 96. The greatest Monarch in history, and the greatest of Britons.
“Dignified, humble, wise, stoico, and dedicated to duty & service to the country she loved.
“Thank you for everything, io ho. We will be forever indebted to you.”
I più letti in News TV
Talking about his wife of 17 anni, Camilla, the new Head of State said: “I know she will bring to the demands of her new role the steadfast devotion to duty on which I have come to rely so much.”
He went on to address how his life had now changed, detto: “It will no longer be possible for me to give so much of my time and energies to the charities and issues for which I care so deeply.”
All you need to know after Queen Elizabeth II dies aged 96
THE nation is in mourning after beloved Queen Elizabeth dies aged 96 – here is all you need to know about Her Majesty’s glorious life and what’s next.
- Quando è il Queen’s funeral?
- Che succede ora the Queen has died?
- How old was the Queen quando è morta?
- Quale è mourning period for the Queen?
- Quale è new line of succession?
- Will there be a bank holiday on the day of the Queen’s funeral?
- When can royal fans visit the Queen’s coffin?
- Where will the Queen be buried?
- Perché è ‘London Bridge is down‘ the secret code?
- Cosa è D-Day?
- Chi sono i Queen’s grandchildren?