DANCING on Ice fans have called for Stephen Mulhern to permanently replace Phillip Schofield as he prepares for show return.
Stephen and Holly, 40, reunited on screen for the first time in 16 years on Sunday night.
They have presented a number of children’s TV shows over the years, and were last seen presenting on Ministry of Mayhem in 2006.
Viewers of Dancing On Ice loved their onscreen partnership and are desperate to have Stephen as a permanent host.
Een het geskryf: “Would love to see you back on @DancingonIce @StephenMulhern.”
'N Ander het gepos: “Really don’t think anyone cares whether Scof is impressed by @StephenMulhern. Many of us were impressed by Stephen Mulhern’s presenting skills. I think he should take over for the rest of the series of #DOI. Well done Stephen for stepping in with Holly.”
’n Derde het kommentaar gelewer: “Got to admit, Holly Willoughby did look a lot more comfortable, happier and bubblier this weekend with #StephenMulhern and a lot less ‘on edge’ like she does when she’s with Schofield.”
Die meeste gelees in News TV
“@StephenMulhern please take over from Phillip Schofield on #DOI. Much loved Stephen, he was far better,” 'n ander gedeel.
Someone else tweeted: “Please could we have Stephen Mulhern presenting #DOI more often?”
Before gracing our screens last week, the In For A Penny presenter said: “I’m very much looking forward to being back hosting alongside my good friend Holly this weekend. It’s big shoes to fill and I’m wishing Phillip a speedy recovery.
“‘I’m a big fan of Dancing on Ice and for one night only I’m thrilled to be rink side watching the action unfold. It’s going to be unbelievable!”
Phillip confirmed that he would miss Dancing On Ice last week- and wished Stephen good luck.
The This Morning star tested himself twice in the hope he would return a negative result and be cleared to go back to work in the studio
Sharing a picture of his latest lateral flow tests, he wrote on Instagram: “Sorry Dancing On Ice. Have an amazing show Stephen Mulhern it’s so much fun x.”
Despite his positive tests, Phillip reassured fans earlier in the week he’s feeling “100 per cent well”.
On Monday the This Morning host revealed he tested negative for the coronavirus.
He returned to the daytime sofa on Wednesday after coronavirus forced him to isolate for a week.
After two negative tests, Phillip was finally fit to come back to work with co-host Holly Willoughby but landed himself in trouble within moments.
As he told viewers Formula One racing driver Lando Norris was in the studio, excited Phil said: “I can’t wait.”
“That’s why you’re back, is dit nie,” teased Holly.
He replied straight-faced saying: “It’s the only reason I’m back. I’m still positive, actually.”
Throwing her head back laughing, Holly quickly added: “Don’t even joke…”
Phillip then held his hands up and repeated that it was clearly a joke and he wasn’t Covid positive.
Holly said: “Oh I almost heard Twitter catch on fire there.”
Then Phil held his hand to his ear as he referred to his This Morning bosses in the gallery – who may have been slightly concerned by his joke.
“You should hear them up there,” he laughed nervously.
The 59-year-old had earlier boasted he was “bullet proof for 90 dae” van Covid.
He told Holly: “Do you realise I’m now fully anti-bodied up? You could lick my face.”