A DOCTOR has removed 23 contact lenses from a women’s eye after the patient managed to forget they were there.
In die video, which has garnered over 23 miljoen kyke, the doctor said the women was a “guinness world records patient” for having the most lenses stuck behind her eye the medic had ever seen.
The doctor also warns patients who wear lenses “not to leave contact lenses in overnight”.
Users in the comments section slammed the patient for being careless.
Een gebruiker het gesê: “I wear lenses and I know I have them in. How did she not know?? 23 lenses!!!”
Another user asked someone to “please explain exactly how this can happen”.
To which someone who claimed to be an optometrist said: “Ek kan nie…just pure negligence is all it is. I’m shocked.”
Sharon Copeland, a contact lens optician previously told The Sun that sleeping in lenses can be dangerous because it can lead to infection.
Pseudomonas, a type of bacteria which can infect the eye if you leave contact lenses in overnight, can quickly lead to permanent blindness.
Die meeste gelees in Gesondheid
Intussen, sleeping in lenses can also leave your eyes very dry and sore.
On top of this, lenses can restrict oxygen supply to the eyes, slowly causing ulcers and inflammation.
“Even taking a nap in daily contact lenses is a bad idea, despite being able to throw them away at the end of the day,” Sharon said.
'So, nap lovers are recommended to remove their contacts before taking a nap, even unplanned ones, and always remove them before settling down for a night’s rest,” het sy bygevoeg.
If you do accidentally nod off with your lenses in, don’t try and remove them too quickly.
“Massage the eyes gently to create moisture or use eye drops so you are not ripping them from dry eyes, which is painful,” verduidelik sy
As jy kan, rest your eyes from contact lenses for a couple of days.
AK is an infection of the cornea – the clear outer layer of the eye.
The condition happens when the parasite acanthamoeba gets trapped between the cornea and the contact lens.
It eats into the cornea, causing severe pain and in a quarter of cases, blindness.