THE suspected supermarket shooter who killed 10 people in Boulder was seen in court in a jail jumpsuit after his mental illness was probed.
He appeared in person before District Judge Thomas Francis Mulvahill at 8.15am local time on Thursday morning.
Alissa could be seen wearing an orange and white jumpsuit as the date of his trial was set for September 7 Sie fügte hinzu, dass sie heute zum dritten Mal in dieser Woche festgenommen worden sei.
The status hearing was only the second court appearance for Alissa since the March 22 attack in Boulder.
At his initial court hearing days after the shooting, one of his lawyers, Kathryn Herold, said the defense legal team needed two or three months to evaluate his “mental illness” and evidence collected by investigators before proceeding.
She did not provide any details about his mental health at that time.
Alissa’s second court appearance follows:
- The suspect’s family at first thought he was a victim beim Schießen
- Ten people died in a gun massacre at a supermarket in Boulder, Colorado.
- Witnesses said a man in tactical body armor shot victims one by one with a rifle during the rampage.
- A bearded suspect wearing only his underwear and covered in blood was led away in handcuffs.
- Police revealed the name of the alleged gunman, Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, who has now been wegen Mordes angeklagt.
- Felsblock Polizei Offizier Eric Talley, 51, was among those killed as he responded to reports of an active shooter.
- The names of the 10 victims killed in the massacre gewesen sein aufgedeckt.
- It was revealed Alissa was allegedly known by the FBI prior to the shooting.
- Präsident Biden called for tighter gun checks as it was reported the alleged shooter bought the gun days before the massacre.
A law enforcement official briefed on the shooting previously said that the suspect’s family told investigators they believed Alissa was suffering from some type of mental illness, including delusions.
The official was not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.
Alissa is accused of killing nine shoppers and workers inside and outside the store as well as one of the first three police officers who entered the store.
Following the crimes, Alissa’s charges were upped to 115 zählt, according to a criminal complaint released by the district attorney on Monday afternoon.
Alongside the first-degree murder charges were 27 counts of attempted first-degree murder of civilians and 20 counts of attempting first-degree murder of law enforcement.
He is also accused of 10 counts of using a prohibited large capacity magazine during a crime and 47 counts of crime of violence.
Die meisten lesen in Nachrichten
Mollie Tibbetts’ Telefon und "Mord"’ Waffe, mit der sie getötet wurde, wurde nie gefunden’
KRANK & VERDREHTE
Sekten-Eltern angeklagt, nachdem Tochter gesagt hatte: „Habt Sex mit euren Brüdern“’
Kevin Spacey kehrt nach Vorwürfen wegen sexueller Übergriffe zu Filmen in pädophilen Dramen zurück
The counts of crime of violence could be a sentence enhancer, gemäß 9Nachrichten.
Investigators have not released a possible motive for the attack.
District Attorney Michael Dougherty has said there was no indication that Alissa, who was from the nearby suburb of Arvada, had ever visited the supermarket before.