LADY Victoria Starmer has been married to Sir Keir for 15 anni.
Despite her husband being in the public spotlight, she prefers a more private and quiet life.
Who is Keir Starmer’s wife Victoria?
The pair met when they were both working as lawyers in the early 200’s, and Victoria reportedly had to supply Keir with documents for a case he was working on.
The pair then began dating, where they reportedly dined on inexpensive pizzas in Camden pubs.
In 2007, the couple married.
Da allora, her aloofness has been noted.
Victoria is a follower of the Jewish faith – as her family are Jewish.
Not much is known about Victoria as the couple keep their relationship relatively private, and Victoria tends to stay out of the public spotlight.
Do they have children?
Sir Keir and Victoria have two children together, their son Toby and a daughter.
Determined to shield their family from media attention, their daughters name has not even revealed.
Their son and daughter live with them in North London.
The children are allegedly being brought up to recognise their Jewish faith.
Parlando con il Jewish Chronicle, Sir Keir revealed his family’s Friday night dinner tradition which sees his wife’s family invited round for a meal.
Egli ha detto: “It is about just being with the family. It’s about being a bit more disciplined, about being home with our children and the family — they are growing up fast.
“Just carving out that tradition, that bit of faith on Friday is incredibly important, because we get together and we do Zoom prayers now.”
Lady Starmer also insists her children are brought up learning about Judaism in order to “recognise the faith of part of their grandfather’s family, and it’s very important”.
Victoria is also a governor at her children’s school.
What are Keir Starmer’s political views?
Sir Keir has previously identified himself as a socialist and has been described as being on the soft left within the Labour Party.
Before being elected as party leader, he said in an interview with Il guardiano: “The case for a bold and radical Labour government is as strong now as it was during the 2019 General Election.”
He added that Labour’s values include opposing “the moral injustice of poverty, inequality, homelessness” while advocating for internationalism and human rights”.
The millionaire barrister took over the party’s leadership after Labour’s crushing general election defeat in December 2019.
Here’s a breakdown of some of his views:
- Starmer was staunchly Remain, and has previously said he would welcome a second Brexit referendum
- He has strongly criticised anti-Semitism in the Labour party
- He has expressed that he is a socialist
- The politician has consistently voted for gay rights, Compreso same sex marriage
- He’s expressed unwavering support for laws to promote umano rights and equality
- Sir Keir has pledged to increase income tax for the top 5 per cent earners
- He has supported demands for action on tackling cambiamento climatico
- He has defended the rights of migrants and demanded an immigration system based on “compassion and dignity”
- He has said being vegetarian è “better for yourself and for the environment”
- He consistently voted against use of UK military forces in combat operations overseas