Arquivos de tags: twoyearold

Nossa filha de dois anos morreu depois de ser mandada de A para casa&E com Calpol

A TODDLER has died after being sent home from hospital after she was diagnosed with a virus.

Hailey Thompson, 22 meses, was taken to Wigan Infirmary on December 18 where doctors advised her parents to give her paracetamol and fluids.

The heartbroken parents of a 22-month-old toddler have told how they found her dead

The heartbroken parents of a 22-month-old toddler have told how they found her deadCrédito: SWNS
The tot was first taken to a doctor's appointment on December 7 with a cough and running nose

The tot was first taken to a doctor’s appointment on December 7 with a cough and running noseCrédito: SWNS
At the hospital just over a week later, her parents were told she had a virus

At the hospital just over a week later, her parents were told she had a virusCrédito: SWNS
Mas no dia seguinte, she was found responsive by her dad and tragically

Mas no dia seguinte, she was found responsive by her dad and tragicallyCrédito: SWNS

Kris Thompson, 32, and Iboyla Adam, 35, took their daughter home but were horrified to find her unresponsive in her room early the next morning.

Her dad tried desperately to revive her by giving her CPR and she was rushed to Wigan Infirmary but the toddler tragically died.

Hailey’s parents have now launched a complaint against the hospital, claiming her case should have been taken more seriously.

Mr Thompson said: “We can’t believe we have lost our little girl. It all happened so quickly. Something in her body took control of her.

We want answers. How can a healthy baby die in her sleep. And why wasn’t she tested for Strep A, scarlet fever or Covid for instance?”

The tot was first taken to a doctor’s appointment on December 7 with a cough and running nose.

Hailey was prescribed antibiotics which were stopped because she had an allergic reaction.

She was taken to another appointment a week later and her parents were told that Hailey would need Calpol instead of antibiotics as she was diagnosed with a viral infection, MailOnline relatórios.

Her dad found Hailey panting in her bed on December 18 a nd called an ambulancebut they were told there would be a two-hour wait so they decided to take her straight to A&E.

But Wigan Infirmary was extremely busy and the department was forced to declare a critical incident.

When she was seen to, Hailey’s blood pressure was taken but her tonsils weren’t checked.

The family were instructed to keep her fluids up, give her Calpol and to bring her back if they saw no improvements.

But in an extremely heartbreaking turn of events, little Hailey was found unresponsive less than 24 horas mais tarde.

A spokesman for Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust said: “Our sincere condolences go out to Hailey’s family at this tragic time.

We are aware of the family’s concerns and are awaiting further information to understand more.