PRINCE William will lead the Queen’s grandchildren in a poignant vigil at her coffin tomorrow night – with Prince Harry allowed to wear military uniform.
Es kommt als…
- The list of 500 heads of state and dignitaries attending the Queen’s funeral has been confirmed
- Sophie Wessex is reportedly set to take on a number of the Queen’s old roles
- Queen Consort Camilla has been soldiering on with her duties despite breaking a toe two weeks ago
- Mourners are facing more than an 11-hour wait to file past the Queen’s coffin
- EIN minute-by-minute guide on the Queen’s funeral details has been released
The rest of the royal grandchildren will be wearing morning coats and dark formal dress with decorations, the Palace said.
Read more on the Queen’s death
It is understood the eight grandchildren were keen to pay their respects – as their parents are doing tonight in their own vigil.
There was speculation Harry, who served two tours of Afghanistan, would be blocked from wearing a military uniform as he is no longer a senior royal.
But The Sun confirmed he has been granted special permission for the period of reflection.
Am meisten gelesen in The Sun
The ruling was not a U-turn but a “one-off” decision by the King as a mark of respect for the late monarch.
Ein Insider sagte: “The King invited the Queen’s grand- children to mount a vigil and Harry can wear his uniform.”
It comes as thousands continue to queue for hours today to file past the Queen’s coffin.
Entry to the line has now been paused for at least six hours after Southwark Park reached its capacity.
Her Majesty will be laid to rest in a state funeral on Monday to mark her incredible 70 years of service.