RESEARCHERS have identified the top 30 things we constantly nag others about – topped by turning off lights, tidying things away and having the TV on too loud.
A study by comparethemarket.com de 2,000 adults found seven in 10 feel like all they do is have a go at loved ones to get things done, wishing they’d stop leaving clothes on the floor, dishes around the house and shoes lying around.
Other gripes include not turning the TV off, turning the heating on too high and leaving bins overflowing.
The average person reckons they nag at least three times a day, aunque 72 per cent admit they pester others when they could be doing something themselves.
While more than four in 10 adults (43 por ciento) claim they are the main ‘nagger’ in their household.
FABULOSO BINGO: OBTENGA UN BONO GRATIS DE £ 5 SIN REQUERIR DEPÓSITO
Turning the telly down, not replacing the toilet roll and walking past things on the stairs which need carrying up are also among the top things people nag their household about.
Other irritations include not making the beds, never recycling and leaving the toilet seat up.
When it comes to life admin, as many as 83 per cent of adults have had to nag themselves to sort out these personal tasks they’ve been putting off – with nearly a quarter delaying sorting their home insurance for a month or more.
It also emerged 31 per cent would like to improve their outgoings and spend less this year, mientras 29 per cent will be reassessing what they can afford in 2022.
Nearly a quarter will also be using January as a fresh start to re-evaluate their outgoings.
Más leído en fabuloso
Amusingly, 62 per cent have put off a task deliberately after being nagged purely to irritate the person badgering them.
Tiempo 30 per cent of those polled have to pester their children the most to get things done.
Nagging could be perceived as a positive way to tick things off the list, como 48 per cent don’t mind being ‘reminded’ and 54 per cent believe humans are hardwired to need to be nudged.
Ursula Gibbs, director at comparethemarket.com, dicho: “While sometimes it can be annoying, being nagged or having that nagging feeling happens for the greater good.
“It can often be the springboard to getting something useful done that you’ve been putting off for a while, whether it’s something round the house or your own personal admin.
CIMA 30 THINGS BRITS NAG ABOUT
1. Turning off lights
2. Cleaning up after themselves in general
3. Putting things back in the wrong place
4. Having the TV volume too loud
5. Leaving clothes on the floor
6. Leaving dishes / cups around the house
7. Not replacing the toilet roll on the holder
8. Going outside and leaving the door wide open in winter
9. Leaving several pairs of shoes lying around
10. Walking right past things on the stairs which need taking up
11. Not cleaning the sink properly after shaving/ brushing teeth
12. Not turning the TV off
13. Not putting clean washing away
14. Spending too much time on their phones
15. Turning the heating on too high
16. Coming down for dinner
17. Leaving bins overflowing
18. Saving money
19. Leaving the dishes next to the dishwasher
20. Leaving the fridge/freezer door open
21. Leaving the toilet seat up
22. Never doing the recycling
23. Not making beds
24. Not loading / unloading the dishwasher
25. Sorting out their general life admin
26. Spending too much time in front of the TV
27. Playing videos on their phone too loudly
28. Reducing their outgoings
30. Letting the laundry basket overflow
“The research has also revealed a large number of people like to be nagged in order to push themselves to get on with things.
“January is often a time where people take a fresh look at where they stand on things for the year ahead.
“It has also shown many intend on taking a closer look at their outgoings during this time, no doubt fuelled by increasing prices in many areas of life at the moment.
“By taking this step, they can hopefully enjoy 2022 without having that nagging feeling as much – when it comes to their admin, at least.”
For more stories, verificar I caught my husband having a cheeky shot in the kitchen but was horrified when I realised what he was drinking from
Or see this woman who ditched her date because she got the ick over one thing he did to the waiter