THE Yorkshire Yet fans have been left fuming at the owner of a dog who was hospitalised twice for the same thing.
The Yorkshire Vet viewers saw a familiar dog return in last night’s episode.
Bailey, a vizsla, saw Julian Norton again on Tuesday after eating a green kitchen sponge for the second time in a matter of weeks.
Julian was concerned to see the vizsla back again. After establishing what kind of sponge he ate — a rectangular green kitchen sponge with a scratchy scourer edge — Julian explains that this could potentially be a serious problem.
“It’s going to get stuck along the bowl, so that’s a bad thing," hy sê.
After Bailey’s owner leaves the room, Julian explains to the audience that this is a “very irregular” thing to happen.
Maar, he added that if it’s left untreated, it could become very painful for Bailey.
The Yorkshire Vet’s regular viewers took to Twitter to discuss Bailey’s case and the fact that he returned to the vets for the same issue again.
“Sponge Dog 2,” one viewer dubbed the vizsla.
Ek is so jammer dit klink aaklig
“Oh Bailey. Just seen the inside of his stomach,” another commented alongside a sick emoji.
Bailey had to have an operation to have the sponge removed. This couldn’t be done by endoscopy either time, so Bailey had to be cut open again.
Alongside sympathy messages for Bailey, other viewers voiced more serious comments which were directed at his owner for not stopping it from happening a second time.
“So after it happened the first time, what precautions did you take?” one viewer asked.
Mees gelees in TV
Another fan was absolutely livid that Bailey had to go to the vets for a second time and called the pet owner out.
“So your dog swallowed a sponge and required an operation to remove it. So what do you do? Leave another sponge lying around so the dog can eat it! #RinseAndRepeat.”
Hulle het voortgegaan: “Some people shouldn’t be allowed to have pets.”
The Yorkshire Vet airs Tuesdays on Channel 5 at 8pm.