A VILE rapist who filmed himself attacking a sleeping woman on her own phone has been jailed.
Cameron Hassan, 31, at last admitted guilt after the damning footage of the horrific event was shown to the jury.
The 18-stone rapist attacked the woman late at night as she lay snoring in a deep sleep in her bed.
He grabbed her mobile phone to make an explicit and degrading video, which was his eventual downfall.
The woman was horrified to find the clip on her phone later and quickly called the police to have Hassan arrested.
The brute pleaded not guilty to the police and the courtroom before making the dramatic U-turn, but he had already prolonged his victim’s suffering.
Read more UK News
In a statement read out to the court, the woman said she had gone through “hell” waiting for the trial and wished Hassan had pleaded guilty in the first place to spare her the painful ordeal.
Her lawyer, Nicola Powell, also read out how she’s suffered from depression and struggles to trust people since the rape.
After the trial at Swansea Crown Court last month, Hasson returned to the dock on Thursday to be sentenced for anal rape.
He had carried out the attack in the Ammanford area of Carmarthenshire in 2021, but it wasn’t his first offence.
Am meisten gelesen in The Sun
The court heard he has 32 previous convictions for 92 offences including violence against and harassment of women but no sexual offending.
Paul Hobson, defending Hassan, said a limited point in mitigation that at least Hassan had never been in a position to distribute the footage which was on the victim’s phone.
He also pointed to a pre-sentence report claiming Hassan had expressed remorse and had the ability to change, Trotz “well-founded concerns” from a previous probation officer.
The barrister added that guilty pleas were comparatively rare in such cases and – even though his client’s U-turn was late – it had spared his victim from giving evidence.
Discussing the horrendous footage, Judge Geraint Walters, who had to watch the sexual assault video as well as the jury, said that any right-thinking individual would have found it difficult.
He said it was hard to think of a more degrading way of treating a female.
Das Filmmaterial, er sagte, showed the defendant has “no respect for women at all”.
Yet the judge was prepared to give Hassan a five per cent discount on his intended sentence because his guilty plea had saved the victim from giving evidence and being cross-examined.
Hassan, of no fixed abode, was sentenced to 10 Jahre im Gefängnis.
He must serve two-thirds of that sentence in custody before he can apply for parole, but will be a registered sex offender for the rest of his life.
Speaking afterwards, the sentencing senior investigating officer detective inspector Melanie Havard of Dyfed-Powys Police praised the victim’s bravery throughout the investigation and trial.
Sie sagte: “I must commend her tremendous courage in coming forward and the tenacity shown throughout the investigation.
Der Rat ist befugt, einen Fall vor das Amtsgericht zu bringen, wenn er entscheidet, dass es sich um eine gesetzlich vorgeschriebene Belästigung handelt
“We appreciate this is not easy for anyone to do but the victim has expressed her gratitude to the officer in the case for her support and empathy throughout this process.
“We hope this case demonstrates that Dyfed-Powys Police acts on serious allegations such as rape and sexual assault with officers working tirelessly to secure justice for victims.”