BIRD and wildlife lovers will be preparing themselves for the UK’s largest birdwatch event.
L'année dernière, over a million people across the UK participated in the event. Here’s the date for this year’s birdwatch.
What is the RSPB’s Big Garden Birdwatch?
The Big Garden Birdwatch is an annual census of birds across the UK. Et, it just takes an hour to help out.
Numbers of native birds have plummeted with 19 million fewer pairs of breeding birds in the UK compared to the late 1960s, warns the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB).
The wildlife charity is held the count to gauge the current bird population.
Results will show whether species are struggling, ou – hopefully – recovering.
Conservation efforts have, par example, resulted in increased populations of cirl buntings, stone-curlews and corncrakes.
But if some bird numbers are dropping, then action can be taken to help them survive.
Les plus lus dans les actualités
When is the Big Garden Birdwatch?
The Big Garden Birdwatch kicked off on Friday, janvier 28, and lasts until Sunday, janvier 30, 2022.
How can I take part?
It’s really easy to join in the national bird count:
- Firstly you must register to take part on www.rspb.org.uk/birdwatch or by texting 70030
- Then you may choose any hour between January 28-30
- Count the birds you see in your garden or from your balcony
- Ignore any birds still in flight
- Submit results en ligne at rspb.org.uk/birdwatch
How do I watch the Big Garden Birdwatch live?
The charity says that experts from across the UK will bring photos, footage and facts about the birds they see.
They’ll also answer any questions, plus, there’ll be live quizzes, et “familiar faces throughout the weekend”.
- The RSPB will be streaming the Big Garden Birdwatch live on its Youtube canaliser
- Tune in for live commentary from their nature reserves across the UK, plus interviews and chat with special guests and wildlife experts.