NANCY Pelosi has served as the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives on two separate occasions.
Where is Nancy Pelosi today?
星期二, 一月 25, 2022, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced she was running for her 18th full term in Congress, saying there’s more work to do “for the children” on healthcare, climate change, gun violence, and the economy.
Pelosi shared the announcement on Twitter, 说: “Our Democracy is at risk because of assaults on the truth, the assault on the US capitol and the state-by-state assault on voting rights.
“This election is crucial. Nothing less is at stake than our Democracy.
“But as we say, we don’t agonize, we organize. And that is why I am running for re-election to Congress.”
The news comes after she attended Harry Reid’s funeral in Las Vegas 在一月 8.
During her remarks, Pelosi claimed that she had never heard Reid say an unkind word about his colleagues.
“Few could rival Harry’s understanding of his senators, their states, their needs, their ambitions, and in all of our conversations, I never heard Harry say an unkind word about any of his Senate colleagues, 民主的 或者 Republican,” Pelosi said while speaking at Reid’s funeral.
Nancy Pelosi timeline
- 一月 25, 2022: Pelosi announces she is running for her 18th term in Congress
- 一月 8, 2022: Pelosi attended Harry Reid’s funeral in Las Vegas, 内华达州
- 一月 6, 2022: Pelosi commemorated the one year anniversary of the US Capitol Hill riots
- 十二月 30, 2021: Pelosi announces events at the US Capitol to commemorate the anniversary of the January 6 暴动.
- 十二月 28, 2021: Pelosi releases a statment on late Senator Harry Reid
- 十二月 14, 2021: Pelosi attended a moment of silence held for the 800,000 新冠肺炎
- 十二月 6, 2021: Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer issued a joint statment regarding a departure ceremony for Dole
- 十一月 26, 2021: Pelosi issues joint statement with Democrats against “Islamophobi comments” made by Representative Lauren Boebert
- 十一月 15, 2021: Pelosi held a private meeting informing House Democrats that they will not be dismissed for Thanksgiving recess if they do not pass Biden’s bill and send it to the Senate
- 十一月 10, 2021: Pelosi led a Democratic congressional delegation at the COP26 summit
- 十一月 8, 2021: Pelosi officiated Ivy Getty’s wedding
- 十一月 6, 2021: Pelosi speaks on congress passing the $1.2trillion infrastructure bill.
- 十月 21, 2021: Pelosi speaks on the billion-dollar social benefits package at Capitol Hill.
- 十月 9, 2021: Pelosi meets with the pope in Rome, 意大利.
- 九月 30, 2021: Pelosi is attending the congressional vote on the $1trillion infrastructure bill
- 九月 29, 2021: Pelosi attends the annual Congressional baseball game where Democrats and Republicans are competing.
- 九月 17, 2021: Pelosi will attending the G7 Heads of Parliament Conference in Chorley, 英国
- 九月 13, 2021: Pelosi joined San Francisco Mayor London Breed for a ‘Vote No’ campaign for the California recall of Governor Gavin Newsom.
- 九月 11, 2021: The Madam Speaker joined President Biden and former Presidents Obama, 克林顿, and their respective first ladies at the 9/11 memorial in NYC.
- 九月 1, 2021: Pelosi was blasted after being accused of refusing to let the names of the 13 fallen US service members be read out on the House floor.
- 八月 23, 2021: 这 House Speaker was ripped after she was seen with dozens of unmasked donors at a lavish Democratic fundraiser.
- 七月 28, 2021: Pelosi was blasted for branding Kevin McCarthy a ‘moron’ after GOP leader opposed new mask mandate for vaccinated Americans
- 七月 25, 2021: Pelosi appoints Republican 代表. Adam Kinzinger to serve on the Select Committee.
- 七月 21, 2021: Pelosi bars DonaldTrump allies from the committee.
- 六月 24, 2021: The 81-year-old announced a committee to investigate the 国会大厦骚乱.
- 六月 10, 2021: Pelosi releases a rare joint statement with Majority Leader Steny Hoyer regarding a tweet from Ilhan Omar.
- 六月 7, 2021: The House Speaker urges leaders to pass the H.R. 1 and the S. 1 regarding future elections.
- 可能 20, 2021: 这 house speaker is seen chatting to colleagues without a mask hours after urging leaders to wear one.
- 四月 19, 2021: Lawmakers call on Pelosi to resign after saying Maxine Waters does not need to apologize for allegedly inciting violence.
What is Pelosi’s role in the United States House of Representatives
作为 众议院议长, Pelosi is the leader of the Representatives and is simultaneously the House’s presiding leader of the body’s majority party.
She has enforced a mandatory face mask policy on the House floor.
As House Speaker, Pelosi usually doesn’t preside over debates – 反而, that duty is delegated to House members from the majority party.
Pelosi was elected to her fourth (second consecutive) term as Speaker of the House on January 3, 2021.
The Democrat from 加利福尼亚州 first served as House Speaker from 2007 到 2011, and then again in 2019 to present.