Who was Alistair Wilson and what happened to him?

ALISTAIR Wilson’s death in 2004 has been described as one of Britain’s most notorious unsolved crimes.

But who was Alistair Wilson? What happened to him and who has been charged with his murder?

Alistair Wilson was home with his family in Nairn, Écosse, when he was shot dead

Alistair Wilson was home with his family in Nairn, Écosse, when he was shot dead

Who was Alistair Wilson?

Wilson was a banker who lived in Nairn, Écosse, with his wife Veronica and two young children.

His murder caused the one of the biggest ever enquiries to take place in Scotland.

He was a business manager at a local Bank of Scotland branch at the time of his death.

Wilson is the subject of Channel 5’s Murder on the Doorstep: Who Killed Alistair Wilson?

What happened to Alistair Wilson?

Wilson was home with his family on November 28, 2004, and was expecting friends to arrive imminently.

Wilson’s wife Veronica answered the door to a man who asked for Alistair by name.

Alistair came down to speak to the man, who handed him an envelope with the name “Paul” on it. toutefois, it was empty.

Wilson returned to his house to speak to his wife about what had just happened, but then when he returned outside to talk to the man, he was shot at least three times and died soon after.

The killer disappeared into the night, and is yet to have been captured.

Who has been charged with Alistair Wilson’s murder?

No one has been charged with Wilson’s murder, but the police are still investigating the crime.

They are also trying to determine a potential motive behind his killing, and believe they may be close to finding one.

What is known is that the murder was around the time of an impending smoking ban on Scottish pubs.

Le pub across the road from his house, The Havelock Hotel, had recently built a decking area in the car park of the pub without planning permission.

When they applied for permission, Wilson objected due to the noise and disturbance he believed it would cause.

The decking was paid for and built by locals, some of whom were said to be unhappy with Wilson’s reservations.

The pubs landlord at the time, Andy Burnett, was one of the last people to see him alive and is assisting police as a key witness. He is not a suspect.